New Mod: Mouse-Lite

charliek

Enlightened
Everyone who is into PCs has a old wornout or broken mouse around....
I'm no exception-

Tore the guts out of it- cut the traces on the back to circuitry that may cause problems, and cut the circuit board to accept the 9v battery. Used the existing microswitch to work the light.

mouselite.jpg

flash....

Enlightened
This is the kind of stuff that I like!!
I do this all the time.... Find old stuff around the house to stuff LED's into!!
I've done cordless phones, pagers, baby monitors, PDA cradles.. just to name a few... Drives the wife nuts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Nice work!!
(Now, take it to work and plop it on someones desk and hide their regular mouse for a quick chuckle) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

charliek

Enlightened
It's not funny.... *I* am the IT guy they'll call for help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

More funny to take a screenshot of their desktop and make it the wallpaper.... then hide the Icons.....

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehehe I've done that and much more to people. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You should put another LED in there, perhaps in the mouseball hole and have the other button activate it.

A red or UV led perhaps? You could check I.D.'s at a club with your mouse!!

charliek

Enlightened
I was thinking of doing something with the "Mouse Hole" (where the ball was).... couldn't think of anything really good....so I dubbed this one "v1.0"...