XML MG RX-1, as simple as it seems?

Dontsleeponit

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these MG RX-1 lights with an MCE just like in csshih's review here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?228966

With the 200ma, 1000ma, 2500ma driver, would an XML swap for this light be as easy as soldiering the leads to the new led and making sure it sit centered in the reflector and gluing it down with thermal epoxy?

Being completely new to trying anything like this, easy enough for me to do right? How do you guys think this light would perform? Its ok now but of course with the MCE it doesn't throw as far as I'd like and has a doughnut hole.

And lastly can anyone link me to a recommended source for the led with the right board, maybe here on CPF?

Thanks

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
this type of mod is teh absic starting mod for someone

and it seems it is as easy as you say.....

it would be helpful if you could remove the "pill", the assembly taht is taht holds the led and the electronics...

then you should boil it in a ziploc bag to soften the glue....next you unsolder the wires, place a no) flat tip screw driver beside the LED and PUSH sideways, don't lift....assuming that the glue has softened enough it will pop right off....

then you glue the LED and resolder the wires....don't loose them inside the hole, cut or pull them off!

Latest posts