Driver for 1 CR123 light

kevinm

Enlightened
Hey guys,

I have a Surefire KL1 head I'd like to mod from one mode to three, running on one CR123. I'd prefer to have long runtime, so something with input voltage 1.5 to 4.2 V would be ideal. I have 17mm x 5.6mm to work with.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The GDuP from the Shoppe meets your 1xCR123, multimode, and driver height requirements. The diam is 14mm, though, and thus probably would require you to come up with some sort of supporting ring solution.

kevinm

Enlightened
I've built only one light with that particular driver and it doesn't like CR123a primaries. On my light it would turn on then dim a few seconds later if I try to use high mode on a CR123a. Using an 18650 it works just fine.

I'm having the same problem with the 4 drivers I have. Thanks for the info!

Kevin

kevinm

Enlightened
The GDuP from the Shoppe meets your 1xCR123, multimode, and driver height requirements. The diam is 14mm, though, and thus probably would require you to come up with some sort of supporting ring solution.

Thanks, Justin. I looked at those, but at $40 or so, they are a bit spendy for someone with my budget.

Kevin

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they back in stock? I was so dissapointed when DX stopped carrying these.

kevinm

Enlightened
It looks like one I saw on DX. If I recall correctly, it's single mode.

Turns out, one of the guys on the CPF marketplace had a spare driver pulled from a Surefire E1B. Hopefully, that will work for this build.

Thanks,
Kevin