Zebralight might make 2AA and 4AA light later this year.

coachclass

Newly Enlightened
I sent this email to Zebralight last night, and this is their response:

Customer
4/9/2011 11:17:44 PM Hi,
Just wondering if you guys have any plans to make a 2 AA flashlight. Your single AA's are great, but I think a 2 AA would be even better.

Staff (Administrator)
4/10/2011 2:33:21 AM We do have plans for 2AA and 4AA lights. They will be released later this year.

Hopefully, they will make netural and white version as well. I'm assuming they'll come out in flashlight models, not headlamps...would a 2AA headlamp be too heavy?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 4xAA ZL would be great! I love my ZL's; they are easily my favorite EDC class/size lights. (I have to admit though, I am VERY tempted by the new 1A Neutron, although I won't be buying one until they're available with a neutral emitter.)

I'm not sure I personally would find much value in a 2xAA format ZL, but a 4xAA would be very appealing to me; I've been looking for a larger and more powerful AA based light, and the only thing that really comes close are the two Fenixes and the Polestar, but none of them are available with a neutral emitter, so I've passed on them so far.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
4xAA: I am very interested in this news and would love to see this happen. Sunwayman is supposedly updating their M40A with X-ML (even hinted at a neutral version). I think I would prefer ZL's UI over Sunwayman's rotating ring - we'll see who executes the design better, and how the levels are spaced.

2xAA: Will be interesting to see if ZL utilizes a design similar to the rumored S5200:

zebralights5200.jpg

- Jas.

srfreddy

Enlightened
I like both Sunway and Zebralights UI's, but I think the more budget-friendly cost of the Zebras will let me buy more! :D

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
4xAA: I am very interested in this news and would love to see this happen. Sunwayman is supposedly updating their M40A with X-ML (even hinted at a neutral version). I think I would prefer ZL's UI over Sunwayman's rotating ring - we'll see who executes the design better, and how the levels are spaced.

2xAA: Will be interesting to see if ZL utilizes a design similar to the rumored S5200:

zebralights5200.jpg

- Jas.

Woah! is this light for diving? Sure looks like it can handle the depth! :)

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the 2xAA model is side by side for the battery load-out, then it would appeal to me much more than two cells in-line; it would be much more pocketable that way and easier to EDC w/o a holster, especially if it has a sturdy deep carry clip.

I'd like to see a 4xAA model with a 2x2 battery configuration, like the LD40. Don't have one, but I like the form factor and think it would be a good way to build a 4xAA light.

NickBose

Enlightened
Way to go Zebra! I'd love to see your 4xAA lights.

Read this Zebralight: Quality-wise only Sunwayman is your direct competitor. Fenix and ITP are both good and reliable brands but I don't think they are in the same league with Zebralight.

If you can offer a lower price than say the Sunwayman M40A I will be all over it. (M40A street price now about US$130 shipped internationally)

beerwax

Enlightened
zebra pull 200 lumens out of 1 aa. they are the lumen champions of 1 aa. and they are not constrained by design fashion. looking forward to this.

jduck

Newly Enlightened
A 4xAA ZL would be great! I love my ZL's; they are easily my favorite EDC class/size lights. (I have to admit though, I am VERY tempted by the new 1A Neutron, although I won't be buying one until they're available with a neutral emitter.)

I'm not sure I personally would find much value in a 2xAA format ZL, but a 4xAA would be very appealing to me; I've been looking for a larger and more powerful AA based light, and the only thing that really comes close are the two Fenixes and the Polestar, but none of them are available with a neutral emitter, so I've passed on them so far.

the fenix ld40 is 4xaa neutral