Life+Gear 360 Lumen LED Law Enforcement Grade WaterProof Flashlights

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own them, but people seem to like them overall. Seems like a pretty good value at only $35 each! I'm thinking about buying a pair and splitting them with my brother.

Has anyone ever modded one of these before? I remember reading that they only use Cree XRE P4. Imagine the jump in output it would get if you dropped some XPG R5 in them!!! I'm going to guess it would easily be 500+ lumens.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one of these packs last summer, split it with my father in law... They're decent lights; sturdy and well made. I think they could withstand some serious use. Their finish is not top notch though, mine has some discolorations that look like uneven anodizing and the machining could be higher quality. Certainly better than say, a DX type of light, but not up to the same level as what's on my Jetbeams or Nitecores. Also, I'd say the 360 lumen output is at the emitter, not out the front. Don't know about modding them, never really thought about it or tried to take apart the head to see if it's possible.

BillP

Newly Enlightened
Just a note about Life+Gear, not this light specifically. I bought two of their 1xaa lights at Target two years back, and one failed within a week or so. I contacted the company about warranty, and was told I'd be sent a new light. Months pass, no light, finally a followup email nine months later, more promises, still no light. I will be avoiding Life+Gear products in the future.

Wolfwise

Newly Enlightened
Hello, Sorry to dig up an old thread but I received this light as a Christmas gift. It worked flawlessly for about 2 1/2 weeks then I started having intermittent issues with the switch.
I contacted Life Gear customer service and within a week I had my replacement light, I was using it earlier tonight and it was much dimmer, I looked at the head of the light and one of the (3) LED's was out, I just sent another email to Life Gear and will give it one more shot.
If they wont replace it I will have a unit that I would pay someone to "up grade". I am a "flashlight newbie", but I have a Surefire G2 and a Pelican StealthLite 2400 Flashlight (well a 10 year old version).

Wolfwise

pinetree89

Enlightened
I received a Life+Gear light for Christmas from my dad. It was a very curious design with a red diffused signal built in to the light. It ran on 3 LR44 button cells. All over the packaging it said free batteries for life (excluding shipping and handling fee...haha). My 3 year son who is no more than a few feet tall dropped it on the cement one night. It exploded into a bunch of pieces. I was able to salvage it and get it back together, but a 3x LR44 full size light is just a terrible idea IMO.

I think these things are long on flashy marketing, but short on design and quality.