Which Fenix as weapon light and which as bed stand light?

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I'm trying to decide which Fenix light to throw on my vz58 rifle. I have a Fenix TA21 and a TK15. I was thinking about mounting the TA21 because it has a lot less battery life then the TK15 and will see much less use mounted on a rifle, and I like the mode selection on a TA21 while on a mount. The TK15 will be my bed stand light. (until my TK41 ships)

Just looking for some opinions

Last edited:

dss_777

Enlightened
It really depends on what you need it for. As others have pointed out, I think a weaponlight should have one mode: ON, and BRIGHT. For serious social use, reliability is probably most important, then user interface, then output. How you activate it, how it mounts to the rifle, and sufficient training also matter.

While I'm sure some serious business has been conducted with Fenix lights, my preference would be for something smaller, lighter, with more flexible mounting and switching solutions. Oh, and that it have "Surefire" on the side of the light body somewhere. ;)

One elegant solution is a G2L with Malkoff M61 drop-in and Z49 click-on tail-cap, in a Danger Close Consulting rail mount.

Well, besides all that, how do the Fenix lights typically mount to a rifle, and how are they activated? Maybe that will make your decision for you..

Last edited: