• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 600 OTF Lumens XM-L HDS U60 - another price drop

Gary123

Enlightened
An HDS U60, upgraded with XM-L. Comes with both 18650 body and 123 body, has the stock driver (which provides a super low low), original instructions and black bezel ring. To protect the bezel, I am including a PEU bezel ring that had the slots enlarged to accommodate three standard sized blue trits. One trit has cracked, but I have a replacement trit. You can do the trit install, I have no Norland. There are a couple fine scratches on the reflector that cannot be detected on a white wall. See my post below on estimate of 600 OTF lumens.

The light is extremely well taken care of, no scratches, gashes or dings, though it is not mint. Probably the nicest clicky ever made. There is a small nick on the butt of the 123 body, you can see it a little in one picture.

$285, $240 $225 $200 net to me. I pay CONUS shipping w/ DC. First "I'll take it" wins, but best to also pm me.

hds7.jpg

hds8.jpg

hds2.jpg

hds5.jpg

hds6.jpg

Last edited:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: HDS U60 w/ XM-L

How was the XM-L installed? Do you have pics of the led module?

Gary123

Enlightened

The install was done by Datiled. I can ask him to comment. I'm not sure if I could take a picture that gives you what you'd like to see.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did the mod, and can answer the question for you. I removed the module for the mod, and used a copper shim under the 8mm datiLED XM-L MCPCB. Both are held in place with thermal epoxy. (The LED seat was thoroughly cleaned of the thermal paste before the copper shim was installed.) The connections from the LED board to the existing leads are made with 26 gauge stranded wire.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

The install was done by Datiled. I can ask him to comment. I'm not sure if I could take a picture that gives you what you'd like to see.

Datiled? say no more, might has well said "mod done by the best"... I want to do this mod on my HDS, bad. Good luck on the sale, the parts alone are worth the asking price.

shomie911

Enlightened

Could you take a photo looking into the lens and LED?

Also what's the drive current to the LED on high? Estimated lumen output?

Thanks.

Gary123

Enlightened

I don't know the drive current on high with this LE, but I have a number of lights with known OTF outputs and I should be able to get a close guess of the lumens on high.

I just finished comparing with a number of other lights (Moddoo 3xp-g drop in @ otf 980 lumens, a Milky 3xXP-E @ 800 otf lumens, Nailbender's cool SST-50 drop in @ 550 otf lumens (on one Li ion), a custom Mac 4xRebel light @ 520 otf lumens and Mac's SST-50 EDC @ 450 lumens (warm, 1.4A). I would peg this light at 600 - 650 otf lumens. It is slightly but clearly brighter than the Nailbender SST-50 drop in (with a ceiling bounce test and a trained eye), and brighter than the two Macs. The beam has a somewhat large hotspot. Tint is very white, slightly warm.

Last edited:

shomie911

Enlightened

I don't know the drive current on high with this LE, but I have a number of lights with known OTF outputs and I should be able to get a close guess of the lumens on high.

I just finished comparing with a number of other lights (Moddoo 3xp-g drop in @ 980 lumens, a Milky 3xXP-E @ 800 otf lumens, Nailbender cool SST-50 drop in, Mac's SST-50 EDC @ 450 lumens (warm, 1.4A), a custom Mac 4xrebel light @ 520 otf lumens). I would peg this light at 600 - 650 otf lumens. The beam has a somewhat large hotspot. Tint is very white, slightly warm.

Don't have the funds at the moment, but add "Est. 600 Lumens OTF" to your title, which along with the photos of the emitter, should have this light sold in no time. It looks great. HDS quality updated with a bleeding edge emitter. :thumbsup:

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

My old Novatac XM-L mod is around 600 OTF.

Haven't torn into the Ultimate 60 yet...

Last edited:

kevinm

Enlightened

Go for it Cuso! I did mine, no problem.

Moddoo, where's the thread buddy?

For those wondering, these are nicer than Novatac's. Just something in the way they feel.

sideman7

Newly Enlightened

600 OTF?! What bin XM-L did you use? I did this mod to my U60XRGT and didn't get anywhere near that, maybe 350 tops. Your U60 must be pushing the LED quite a bit harder than mine. Nice!

Gary123

Enlightened

600 OTF?! What bin XM-L did you use? I did this mod to my U60XRGT and didn't get anywhere near that, maybe 350 tops. Your U60 must be pushing the LED quite a bit harder than mine. Nice!

It may be pushing harder than yours (unless there is some other problem), but mine is still not pushing very hard. After 5 minutes on high, this U60 mod was only a little warm, whereas Mac's EDC SST-50 (1.4A) was too hot to hold. Datiled also told me that his XM-L mod of his own NovaTac 120E is not as bright as this mod.

Last edited:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

XR or extreme runtime HDS, are designed to put less power on the led...

onthelake

Newly Enlightened
I can't believe this is still here. I suppose I'll have to take this one off your hands. PM paypal details to me and I will shoot the funds over tomorrow morning.

onthelake

Newly Enlightened
Hey Gary, did you get my pm last night? Still looking for paypal instructions.