1xAA or 2xAA light?

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
So I am looking for a light that can run on either 1x or 2xAA kinda like the ultrafire C3 with the extra extension tube but i would like a better quality one that works atleast 99% of the time unlike the C3 that worked around 10% of the time thanks! I am actually not sure if there are any or not lol

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I am looking for a light that can run on either 1x or 2xAA kinda like the ultrafire C3 with the extra extension tube but i would like a better quality one that works atleast 99% of the time unlike the C3 that worked around 10% of the time thanks! I am actually not sure if there are any or not lol

hmm... why not get an AA light with a rating capable of 4.2volts then get a 14500 cell? this will beat most 2xAA cells coz of the higher voltage. This way you have the size of an AA light with the lumens of more than a 2xAA light. This way, you have a small, powerful light, which can accept regular AA's when you run out of juice on the 14500's.

Anyways, if you are looking for lights which have both tubes, some romisen models have both the AA and 2AA tubes which you can lego when you purchase it.

Jackasper

Enlightened
That opens alot of doors, unless the 2 cell option is a must. If it's not, and one cell with the Li-ion option is ok, then I'll throw out a real good choice that I don't regret. Lumapower Trust Model 1 is great on a primary AA and with a 14500, it is awesome. GITD tailcap and bezel ring, easy UI and perfect balance of flood and throw for a single cell light.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
That opens alot of doors, unless the 2 cell option is a must. If it's not, and one cell with the Li-ion option is ok, then I'll throw out a real good choice that I don't regret. Lumapower Trust Model 1 is great on a primary AA and with a 14500, it is awesome. GITD tailcap and bezel ring, easy UI and perfect balance of flood and throw for a single cell light.

hmm...i'll check this one out. :) i was almost about to order a Quark AA Regular to use a 14500 in!

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not Bad! Here's what i EDC with a 14500:
F25-1.JPG

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a Quark AA and an extra 2xAA body. You can interchange the bodies and go with either 1xAA or 2xAA. You can also go with 1x14500 in the 1xAA body and get the same output as with the 2xAA body, but at the cost of sacrificing run-time.

My secondary EDC is a Quark AA with a neutral white XPG R4 head running on a 14500; very small, very bright, and very versatile.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the Quark AA with an extra AA2 body. These are my favorite lights. I EDC a Quark AA with a deep carry pocket clip, regular UI, tactical switch (for momentary on function), and run it on a 14500. My favorite general purpose light is the Quark AA2.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably the single best thing about the Quarks is their Lego-ability... once you get a couple of them you can mix and match, and buy some extra parts and throw together just about anything you can imagine. About a year ago there was a Quark-Lego thread here, where one of the members posted bunches of pics of different configurations of Quark parts that he had thought up. Of all the lights I own, while my Zebralight SC50w+ is my primary EDC, nothing beats my Quarks for their versatility and usefulness... I find I use them more for more things than any other brand of lights I own.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
1307774373.jpg

Quark AA tactical w/deepcarry clip w/blue button w/14500
One very sweet edc. I love this light so much. We have a love affair.

1307782316.jpg

Last edited: