Zebralight SC51W accidental activation. Would a holster help?

monju123

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried a holster? If yes, did it help & what did you use? I have a SC51W that I love except for my deep fried thigh from the light simmering away for a few minutes in my pocket before I realize it is on.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've carried my SC51w in my Quark AA holster and it prevents accidental activation, but the clip makes it a little awkward to get the SC51 in and out of the holster. A more rigid holster without a flap might work better.

--flatline

mrlysle

Enlightened
I'm still looking for a little holster for my Zebralights, but in the meantime, I just carry them locked out. It's not that big a deal to me. I even thought about having Thor's Custom leather make one for me. Maybe get one custom fitted for my SC60w too! :nana:

marcis

Newly Enlightened
How about slightly unscrewing the tailcap like zebralights website says, to prevent the light from accidentally turning on ? Sorry to be blunt, but do any of you take the time to read about your products ? I see this question quite frequently.

mrlysle

Enlightened
How about slightly unscrewing the tailcap like zebralights website says, to prevent the light from accidentally turning on ? Sorry to be blunt, but do any of you take the time to read about your products ? I see this question quite frequently.
If you read post #3 above, you'll see that I DO carry all my Zebralights "locked-out". And that means by way of the tailcap. Always have. Like I said, it's no big deal to me, but some folks like having there lights "ready to go" as soon as it's in their hands, and not have to tighten the tailcap first. It doesn't bother me and I've learned to tighten the tailcap and turn the light around in my hand using just one hand, but a holster for carry would still be nice.

marcis

Newly Enlightened
If you read post #3 above, you'll see that I DO carry all my Zebralights "locked-out". And that means by way of the tailcap. Always have. Like I said, it's no big deal to me, but some folks like having there lights "ready to go" as soon as it's in their hands, and not have to tighten the tailcap first. It doesn't bother me and I've learned to tighten the tailcap and turn the light around in my hand using just one hand, but a holster for carry would still be nice.

Fair haha. have you looked into the MOLLE military pouch companies ?

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
When I carry my SC30w, it's locked out.

I've seen some people put an o-ring around the button to prevent accidental activation.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still looking for a little holster for my Zebralights, but in the meantime, I just carry them locked out. It's not that big a deal to me. I even thought about having Thor's Custom leather make one for me. Maybe get one custom fitted for my SC60w too! :nana:

I hear he does very good work. I think he's a forum member as well.:sssh::nana::wave:
Just keep him away from the blue Fun Tac!

mrlysle

Enlightened
I hear he does very good work. I think he's a forum member as well.:sssh::nana::wave:
Just keep him away from the blue Fun Tac!

I heard the same thing! LOL Well bro, PM me with a quote for one for my SC60w. Probably open top as I'll use the clip to help with retention. Decoration/stamping, you're choice! :) Oh, and I'm thinkin' an extra 18650 too!

Last edited:

Latest posts