EagleTac P20C2 MKII XP-G S2 500 - ORDERED! Now what batteries?

yovwmon

Newly Enlightened
I believe it takes two CR123A, but I am open for whatever is going to make it operate at it's fullest, what do you suggest>

mrlysle

Enlightened
Hi yovwmon. :welcome:If you think you will use your new light a lot, by far the cheapest alternative is buying CR123's in bulk on the "net". You can get as many as you want, but probably would have to get like 20 or so to get a "bulk" price. I've ordered from batteryjunction but there's other places as well. If you think you'll just use it occasionally, then just get some batteries locally. Most of the CR123's will serve you well. They are all lithium, just will have a little different capacity depending on brand. Where I live, we have Lowe's Home Improvement stores that sell Surefire branded 123's in 2 packs for less than 5 dollars, which is way cheaper than you'll find them even at Walmart and such. Buying in bulk online will get you cells for less than a dollar each sometimes. Enjoy your new light!

yovwmon

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip on the Surefire 123's my Lowe's had em in stock!
Hi yovwmon. :welcome:If you think you will use your new light a lot, by far the cheapest alternative is buying CR123's in bulk on the "net". You can get as many as you want, but probably would have to get like 20 or so to get a "bulk" price. I've ordered from batteryjunction but there's other places as well. If you think you'll just use it occasionally, then just get some batteries locally. Most of the CR123's will serve you well. They are all lithium, just will have a little different capacity depending on brand. Where I live, we have Lowe's Home Improvement stores that sell Surefire branded 123's in 2 packs for less than 5 dollars, which is way cheaper than you'll find them even at Walmart and such. Buying in bulk online will get you cells for less than a dollar each sometimes. Enjoy your new light!

mrlysle

Enlightened
Awesome! They really aren't a bad price at Lowes. At Walmart, you'd probably pay over twice that for a pack of 2 Energizer brand. 123's should have a shelf life of 10 years. The last time I got some Surefire 123's at Lowes a couple months ago, they were dated for 2021, which is perfect. Always check the date and make sure you're getting fresh cells but I've never had a problem with the ones at Lowes. But you'll definitely get the best price buying in bulk. Enjoy your light!