New Strategos lights

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
they will, but i don't know when.

they posted about it a couple of weeks ago, let me see if i can find the link...

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
I believe that I recall reading a post by Ken Good stating that they may have a product release as soon as early 2003. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I have also heard talk that they may have allready developed a more efficient lamp assembly. When combined with rumored extremely reasonable prices, this revelation is exciting to say the least.

Perhaps SureFire will truely have some competition in the tactical lighting genre come 2003.
smile.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Does anyone know if and when Strategos will be manufacturing/distributing its own brand of tactically oriented lights?

Is this rumor or fact, and are any technological developments and/or breakthroughs anticipated?

Brightnorm

WhiteAsSnow

Newly Enlightened
ShotShow sounds about right to me. If I had to guess, I would bet that Stategos will have something to show us by ShotShow, but probably nothing released by then. I hope I am wrong though... I am anxiously waiting to see what they have in store for us.
cool.gif

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
Hey guys.

Our first releases will not be earth shattering in terms of technology...they do not need to be. Great lights, reliable, well priced. We are going to try and get of to a good start by establishing a good relationship and reputation with our current and future customers and endeavor to keep that in constant view. Rather than bite off the whole thing and choke, we are going to focus on creating a few excellent systems and move from there as resources permit and market communicates to us.

Fundamentals:

1st Phase 6-volt lithium battery sytems – 2 sizes

Lamp Assemblies:
95 lumens - A patented shock isolated technology on the Lamp Assembly - This thing takes a beating and keeps shining.
Quality control on the lamps is extremely high
Lamp replacement will be well priced
Clean, bright, white beam focus and shaped for tactical environments

Guaranteed Waterproof to 30 meters – tested to 60 meters no leaks
Easy to replace Pyrex lens
Cool carrying device(s)
Aircraft Aluminum Body/Head
Type III Hard Ano Finish – Black
Great Momentary/Clickable Tailcap Switch
Laser Engraved Logo/Name

Final body designs will be simple. The more technical machining, the higher the price….It's that simple. We are going to go for function first, style second.

2nd Phase: Polymer 6-Volt Systems

Developing 9-volt systems as well as Modular Weapons Systems that include a wide array of switching options. Other weapon systems are already in the queue.

We are not interested in being followers for too long. So in that spirit we are already pushing the technical envelope in a couple of areas. Once the prototypes are done, we are going to rigorously test them with end users and release if successful. I am extremely optimistic on a couple of concepts.

We will also forge ahead in the rechargeable area as well.

Not bad considering we made the decision to develop our own line fairly recently.

I hope to have the first releases ready for purchase/distribution by the end of Q1 – 2003.

We have the capability to ramp up production substantially in relatively short periods of times if these initial systems turn out to be popular. Game on!

Deviant

Enlightened
Ken,

that's great!
however i understand that Strategos doesn't ship international. how can I ever get one of your lights?
bluesigh.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
That´s great Ken!
shocked.gif
96 Lumens!
shocked.gif
Please say that it has E2 Run time
cool.gif

I´ll be looking forward to your line of products. Are you going to send some flashlights to our favorite CPF reviewers?
winkie.GIF

I sent you a PM on your forum.

Thnx!
Alex

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
We don't ship Internationally for the other guys due to distribution agreements.

We will have Intl distribution on our systems. These are flashlights, not IR lasers. Initially we will go direct, then find situations to keep the price as low as possible Internationally.

95 lumens - Runtime approx 1 hour. Now keep in mind, nobody's flashlight runs for 1 hour at advertised peak lumen output using incandescent/non-digital technology. Don't hold my feet to the fire just yet on the exact runtime, but it is in this range.

You guys will hold me accountable on that front!

But this thing has a good runtime/output curve.

And yes, we willl hook you guys up at Candlepower....we must keep you happy!!!
wink.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened
Originally posted by Ken J. Good:
Hey guys.

1st Phase 6-volt lithium battery sytems – 2 sizes

Lamp Assemblies:
95 lumens - A patented shock isolated technology on the Lamp Assembly - This thing takes a beating and keeps shining.
Quality control on the lamps is extremely high
Lamp replacement will be well priced
Clean, bright, white beam focus and shaped for tactical environments

Guaranteed Waterproof to 30 meters – tested to 60 meters no leaks
Easy to replace Pyrex lens
Cool carrying device(s)
Aircraft Aluminum Body/Head
Type III Hard Ano Finish – Black
Great Momentary/Clickable Tailcap Switch
Laser Engraved Logo/Name

Final body designs will be simple. The more technical machining, the higher the price….It's that simple. We are going to go for function first, style second.

2nd Phase: Polymer 6-Volt Systems
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sign me up! Sounds like no nonsense products from someone who knows what features are important.

Any chance of polymer 9-Volt systems in the future?

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking forward to it. I agree with Ken that they don't need earth-shattering at this point. Get us what you said above, at a more reasonable price point, and we're good to go. I also agree that the body design doesn't need to be complex, although I'd still like an option for Rogers technique.

BTW, you can still make an simple clean design elegant. Look at the Inova X5 -- their technology has been well-surpassed, but they're still selling those lights like crazy because the light looks so dang cool.

Joe

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Can't wait to see your lights Ken!

"trust I seek and I find in you. Everyday for
us is sth new..." haha...

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Ken J. Good:
Hey guys.

Our first releases will not be earth shattering in terms of technology.....great lights, reliable, well priced....95 lumens, patented shock isolation technology,...guaranteed waterproof to 30 meters, HAIII Black, clickie,etc......
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ken,

"Not earth shattering in terms of technology...."

Really? Since I know of no light on the market that meets all those criteria I have to say that this will in fact be pretty darn earth shattering!

Brightnorm