A New Hurricane!

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Hurricane Marty is coming up the Gulf of Calif! Southern Ca and Az look out!!! A hurricane in Az?...you gottaa be kidding! Sasha look out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
It's heading for the Phoenix area, I believe but I'm keeping an eye. Get this... I'm having a pool opening/pool party for my daughter on Friday night for her 21st birthday... Marty is supposed to pop in on Thursday night... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love storms and etc long as they dont do no damage!just something about watching the rain and trees blow.and the lighting is my fav i have my camera on tripod. set on a long exposer to capture some lighting strikes.yes im odd lol

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Sasha, hurricanes are great for filling your pool. Oh yea, some extra water may get in the pool as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Dave... unfortunately, I'm filling my pool on Wednesday... wouldn't ya know... a day late and a dollar short... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Peter... from what I understand, you are going to get it worse than I am... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
raggie... don't get me wrong! I LOVE these storms! I just don't want it to ruin my party... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
they wont sasha. i promise i hope the storms subside and go away before they reach ya. my 21 birth day way last year its a fun one.i live in ga usa i hope we get storms though lol.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I didn't convey my joke well. What I was implying was, all kind of crap ends up in the pool during a hurricane and you spend 2-3 days cleaning it out. Every piece of pine straw in the neighborhood searches out my pool during s storm.

Greta

Flashaholic
Dave... I know... but fortunately the only tree around got "trimmed" the other day so that the wall guys could finish my wall... and the landscaping in my yard isn't done yet... so the only thing I might get is some stray bouganvilla from the neighbors... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
A hurricane in southern California? I have never heard of such a thing.

By the time it gets here, it will probably be a "tropical storm" or even light showers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
Hurricanes in the waters to the west of Mexico and southern California isn't all that rare. They even had one there last week. Usually though, they head off across the Pacific. This one decided to travel northeast.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy -

On the Arkansas River we call that a low pressure system.

Just messin' with ya. Interesting track.

Sasha -

I'm pretty good at predictions so here I go:

Late Friday afternoon will be clear and refreshing in Arizona. Marty has invitations to parties elsewhere and sends her condolences. Early Friday evening will be a lovely and star filled night. Friday evening will continue to be lovely, then exciting but pleasant. Very late Friday evening into early Saturday morning will continue to be pleasant yet calm. Around 2 a.m., in the Lake Havasu area, it will become very quiet, due to an exodus of young people, and the night will become mild with occasional wafts of invigorating cool breezes…perfect for private skinny-dipping for the two remaining adults at your address.

Saturday, around lunch time, you will gain 20 points on your I.Q. Each succeeding year you will gain another 5 points on your I.Q. until your wonderful daughter realizes that you are, in fact, the genius that you always knew you were.

That's my AZ weekend forecast and I'm stickin' to it.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Baja Peninsula is Mexico, NOT California! The San Diego area of California does get an occasional hurricane, if things are just right. Very rare, though.

Empath

Flashaholic
It is presently simply Tropical Depression Marty, with 35 MPH winds and gusts at 45.