Dereelight CL1H V3 help

RedBaron

Newly Enlightened
I have a Dereelight CL1H V3 that has a 2SD pill. I installed a 3SD XP-G R5, however, I get nothing out the front. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

When you say 2SD, do you mean a head twist to change modes?
Those older Deree units had the battery reversed, don't get caught out on that.

Remember a 3SD is only 3.7V, the 18650 positive terminal toward head

RedBaron

Newly Enlightened
"...head twist to change modes?" Yes.

I didn't change the batt orientation. Swapped out the pill, reassembled, no light. Took off the tail, replaced, no light. Put the 2SD back in, light. ???

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
"...head twist to change modes?" Yes.

I didn't change the batt orientation. Swapped out the pill, reassembled, no light. Took off the tail, replaced, no light. Put the 2SD back in, light. ???

+

Please reread my earlier post....

RedBaron

Newly Enlightened
I'm not trying to be obtuse, so be patient. The batt is + toward the head, the config that works with the 2SD. I didn't take it out, or anything. I will add that even with a fresh 18650 the 2SD was kinda dim, and only sporadicly would switch between hi/lo twist. That's part of the reason I wanted to go with the 3SD. I swapped out the pills, and there was no function with the 3SD. That make any sense?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always take out the battery before switching pills, especially in the twist CL1H models. If you don't and you just take off the bezl, swap pills, and screw the bezel back on you might crush the pill. You should always take the battery out and loose then body from the head so the pill can be fully seated and bezel screwed tightly onto the head. Then insert the battery and carefully tighten the body so it makes good contact, but doesn't crush the pill. If you crush the pill and damage it, no light. If you left the battery in the wrong way you could have friend the pill, no light.

Did you smell any burnt electronics smell?

Also if you shorted something the battery's protection may have kicked in and you might have to wait for it to reset.

The CL1H is great as it is very modular, but you have to know what you are doing with it or you can put things together wrong with destructive results.

EDIT: Do you have the instructions for each of your pills? If it's the 2SD that has hi/low via twisting the flashlight I believe the battery was + towards the tailcap. For the 3SD it's + towards the head. Can you confirm if you used it with the + facing the head before? If you did, that could explain why it was dim with the 2SD...

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always take out the battery before switching pills, especially in the twist CL1H models. If you don't and you just take off the bezl, swap pills, and screw the bezel back on you might crush the pill. You should always take the battery out and loose then body from the head so the pill can be fully seated and bezel screwed tightly onto the head. Then insert the battery and carefully tighten the body so it makes good contact, but doesn't crush the pill. If you crush the pill and damage it, no light. If you left the battery in the wrong way you could have friend the pill, no light.

Did you smell any burnt electronics smell?

Also if you shorted something the battery's protection may have kicked in and you might have to wait for it to reset.

The CL1H is great as it is very modular, but you have to know what you are doing with it or you can put things together wrong with destructive results.

EDIT: Do you have the instructions for each of your pills? If it's the 2SD that has hi/low via twisting the flashlight I believe the battery was + towards the tailcap. For the 3SD it's + towards the head. Can you confirm if you used it with the + facing the head before? If you did, that could explain why it was dim with the 2SD...

+1 everything Wade said.
The twist units
(2SD we'll call it) did in fact have the + terminal toward tailcap,..that driver only!!:caution::caution:

Sequence for CL1H drop-in placement:
Loosen head~ remove bezel~add drop-in ~ replace bezel~ snug (only snug) the head to battery tube.

RedBaron

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, WadeF. I'll go through and check everything based on your suggestions when I get home from work.