Danger! This beast may burn your eyes. Literally!

sosemot728

Enlightened
Introducing the gili6 high output version! Thanks to Serge at www.lux-rc.com my gili6 housing now supports his L333 modules!

Further details here

Using two 16 watts XP-G R5 modules which are driven at 1.5A on full. The modules use master-slave interface so one button controls the both. The UI allows switching between 3 predefined levels. It also allows programming of the ECO mode which can be smoothly adjusted between 0% and 50% and stored in the memory. The firmware has been adjusted and now the light starts up in standby mode when the battery is connected the first time. As you see an external power switch is not used here. The light is fully managed by the click button.

34564057.jpg

The modules are very small so using connectors significantly saves time. The soldering work took about 30 minutes with a coffee break.

68885199.jpg

The flip side is very simple. No driver - no extra work. Both modules are connected in parallel. Another two wires used for a click-button. You can also see the yellow master-slave link between the modules.

30596667.jpg

The build is done. On this pic the light is running on the lowest level (about 0.2%) which was adjusted by the click button. The ECO programming is very easy, it's done just by one click (guess how?)

50630046.jpg

Now it's time to try it on full. The calculated output is about 2800 lumens. I do think it's still about 2500OTF based on the previous measurements of similar modules in a laboratory sphere.

82989260.jpg

Rather than taking beam shots, here is what happens with a piece of paper on the lens..

78947949.jpg

..and wow, the paper started smoking instantly. This beast is really bright!

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
Thanks for your post. I was browsing through lux-rc's website a few days ago and wondered if any one had any experience with their products. Their light engines are very interesting. Can your light run at full power without any damage to the LEDs or circuit? I'm guessing you will be using this one for biking (?) so there will be some airflow to cool it down.

The_bad_Frag

Enlightened
Yesterday I burnt my finger on the light comming from a XM-L. It was lying on a CPU cooler with some thermal past under it and I was holding my test prods on the LED and somehow I hold my finger directly over the emitter. :poof: :mecry:

Last edited: