• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Sleeves for 26650 in maglite.

arek98

Enlightened
Get 1" schedule 40 PVC pipe and cut to whatever length you need. Some cells fit right away, some are little too big and you may need sand pipe inside a little. Nominal ID is 1.049 in = 26.6 mm, OD 1.315 in = 33.401.

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
I made and sell custom sleeve out of delrin to do exactly what you are asking for. I have made 1x26650 and 2x26650. Let me know what size you want and I can make it.

IMG_6082.JPG

IMG_6086.JPG

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get 1" schedule 40 PVC pipe and cut to whatever length you need. Some cells fit right away, some are little too big and you may need sand pipe inside a little. Nominal ID is 1.049 in = 26.6 mm, OD 1.315 in = 33.401.

I have some SCH 40 but as you mentioned the ID is too small for my cells. I need more than one so I dont want to spend that much time on them. What I was really thinking was maybe someone with a lathe could bore a few for me.

I made and sell custom sleeve out of delrin to do exactly what you are asking for. I have made 1x26650 and 2x26650. Let me know what size you want and I can make it.

I'd like to have 3 for 2D mags and 2 for 3D mags.

What would the cost per sleeve be?

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
I have some SCH 40 but as you mentioned the ID is too small for my cells. I need more than one so I dont want to spend that much time on them. What I was really thinking was maybe someone with a lathe could bore a few for me.

I'd like to have 3 for 2D mags and 2 for 3D mags.

What would the cost per sleeve be?

The ones for 2D mags are $22 a piece and the ones for 3D mags are $26 dollars a piece. shipping would be $6

Total would be $124 shipped to your door.

Martin D. White

Mettee

Enlightened
A full 10 foot stick of the right PVC is a few dollars and you can cut it yourself. Home depot generally has the right kind, one that fits the ID of the mag, and the OD of the cells perfectly. AND, you can cut it yourself.

...when I get home I will get you the name of the manufacturer. You may have to check a few places for it.

ETA: Heck, take a large flat rate box at $14, plus a stick of PVC, makes it $20...I will cut it into lengths and send it to you if I have to :grin2:

Last edited:

arek98

Enlightened
What cells are you using? Red IMRs from battery space (like on MartinDWhite picures) fit in one I bought. Take battery and go to Home Depot, Lowes or such and try it. Look at black ones as well, they are made of ABS I think and are slightly different in size, may be enough.

Last edited:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact Jesus H on the forums. He made me some nice one cell sleeves with little slits down the sides so they stay on each battery. They are slightly smaller than the cell and stay put on each battery. They fit my MNKE 26650's, lighthound.com 26650's and my AW 26500 cells. I don't remember what I paid for them but they were fairly cheap, I bought around 12.

zehnmm

Enlightened
On the el-cheapo side, I am using a rolled-up 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper! I have been doing this for a Mag 4D to hold 5x 26500's for some 3 years now. Nowhere near elegant, but it works.

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
On the el-cheapo side, I am using a rolled-up 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper! I have been doing this for a Mag 4D to hold 5x 26500's for some 3 years now. Nowhere near elegant, but it works.

...& its good for using for fire lighting material ( for hotwires )...and to put a 'If lost please return to......' note inside

Last edited:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
PVC would be a lot cheaper. Jesus made mine out of PVC and they work just fine. It is also lighter than the Delrin if that matters.

I will post a couple pictures in a little while if I can find them in my email.

If some one decides to start a FS thread on these made of delrin I would be in for a few.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a picture of the 26mm battery sleeves. That is a MNKE 26650 battery in the picture. I also had Jesus make me some 18650 sleeves to use in FM's 1x26650 bodies.

2255805330048953316S600x600Q85.jpg

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Martin those are very nice sleeves and similar to what I want, but I think using the delrin is causing the price to be a little more than I can afford.

For those of you that mentioned going to HD or Lowes I have attempted this 1" SCH 40 is the closest I can find but my cells are still a bit to large for that.

The batteries I have are the orange un aproved cells from battery space.

What I would really like is some 1" PVC bored with a grove cut at each end for an O ring so it fits tight in the mag tube.

QtrHorse, thanks for the picture. I actually never thought of doing sleeves for the individual cell. If I dont find what I really want I may go with that because its something I could do myself.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also got HD tubes actually managed to squeeze some AW IMR 26500 in at HD, but laying them around at home for a while, they won't fit anymore. Shrunk over time?

My latest trick:
I just made one with the HD tube by cutting a slot like the black one (Longer for 2-3 cells, Not single), than jam the slot opening with 2-3 small jamming pieces made from the same PVC tune, glued to force it open wider. I managed to make it work in 2D w/o boring. But the slot has to open up just right, if open too much, it' wont fit the D tube anymore.
Mine is now holding on to the D tube & don't need the O-ring trick.

Last edited:

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
Martin those are very nice sleeves and similar to what I want, but I think using the delrin is causing the price to be a little more than I can afford.

The price is high because I make them one at a time to fit, and it take a lot of time to hand fit each one. Next week I will make a run of 20 and that will be faster, hopefully cheaper. I will then offer those for sale on the CPFMP. Maybe the price will be low enough for you then.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Martin. Just so you know I was not saying that the sleeves you offered before were not "worth" the price or anything, I fully understand the investment of time and material for custom work.

arek98

Enlightened
For those of you that mentioned going to HD or Lowes I have attempted this 1" SCH 40 is the closest I can find but my cells are still a bit to large for that.

Hmm, strange. I'm using the same cells and they fit in PVC pipe purchased at Lowes. No sanding or anything at all. Top of the cell is tight but fits.

battery.jpg

Mettee

Enlightened

What I would really like is some 1" PVC bored with a grove cut at each end for an O ring so it fits tight in the mag tube.

QtrHorse, thanks for the picture. I actually never thought of doing sleeves for the individual cell. If I dont find what I really want I may go with that because its something I could do myself.

I can help let me know, cheap and easy. I have everything in hand. I know exactly what you are trying to accomplish. If you can not find the right pvc I have some here, so do others it seems. The picture above shows they fit with no boring, that is my experience as well. The oring is no problem.

DSC03040.jpg

Last edited: