• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO CUT DOWN 2 2AA MINI MAGS FOR ME

mag1kate8all

Newly Enlightened
IM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE THAT CAN CUT DOWN AND THREAD 2 2AA MINIM MAGS FOR ME I NEED ONE CUT TO ACCEPT A CR2 AND THE OTHER CUT TO ACCEPT 1AA IM LOKING FOR CLEAN FACTORY TYPE CUTS SO A LATHE IS A MUST PLEASE RESPOND WITH PRICE THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can do it, though I'm pretty busy with existing projects, not to mention that I will be taking the month of May off from doing stuff for everyone else (spending the month catching up with a few of my own projects that have been collecting dust for the past year or so).

If you are only cutting them down to 1 X AA size then it's pretty easy and straightforward on a lathe. The problem is that you want to cut one down to fit a CR2, which requires boring the tube, but, more importantly, the stock tail cap probably won't work with the bored out tube so a new tail cap will need to be made or a thin sleeve made to interface between the two. That adds even more labor to the cost. Figuring the cost of the driver, etc, it will be cheaper to buy a CR2 light than to mod your Mini-Mag. Not trying to discourage you, just pointing that out to you.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM member will. He cut down several AA MiniMags for me, including boring and rethreading one for CR123.