Iain Sinclair -- Eon Extreme -- Review

hahnyc87

Newly Enlightened
I was given the opportunity to review a pre-production Eon Extreme light. I had my doubts after reading the Gizmodo review, but was pretty stoked to get it. Here is a brief mini review, and I'll continue to update as time goes on.

Build/looks:
This light is a looker... Anyone who looks at it is intrigued. It is pocketable, but I wouldn't say "walletable" if you are like me and have a thick wallet already. It certainly has a premium feel to it. This thing is built WELL. It is a soft touch material that feels like it will last for a very long time. The body is rigid, with minimal flex (and I think it is by design). It appears to be able to stand up to quite a bit of torture. I'm not sure if it is rated for water resistance, and I haven't tried. My only potential negative is that the "flexable" area where you press down to activate the light has the same "give" on both sides of the light which makes it a hair confusing to use in pitch black since you can't tell which is the top and bottom of the light.

The part that matters:
There aren't really ways to word this... HOLY MOTHER $#@% is this thing bright. I believe it is supposed to output about 230 lumens. I'd say that is accurate. Since there is no focusing head, you get very little throw (which is fine for the target of the product). I used this light in a small room (probably about 8' x 8') and, at first glance, you would be surprised that you aren't using an overhead fluorescent light in the room. I'm told that the release version will have a dimmer, which I hope also has a "click" button so that you don't have to hold the button to illuminate.

I know this a brief review and I'm happy to answer any questions but this thing is CRAZY. It isn't great for outdoors due to limited throw but indoors, in an emergency or as a car light, this is the only EDC you will need.

More to come as I review.

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
Very cool looking light, I assume the screws at the front are for the dimmers?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bit*in' lookin' light.

Here ya go..

Hotlinked image removed
Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to know what emitters it uses. From Norm's linked photo they look like they should be neutral, due to the colour of the phosphor. Is that the case?

Last edited:

njet212

Enlightened
From what I read on iansinclair website, it is using built in battery. If the battery has been used, could I replace the battery with the new one?

hahnyc87

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the delay. I will get some pictures up.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

tweaker

Newly Enlightened
Real pic
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

real price 10$ and not a penny more

tweaker

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the quality, photographed iPhones