• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired High Quality Silver Coated Beryllium Copper Battery Springs

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
5267ccb1.jpg

Well I decided to put up some of my extras for sale. I bought quite a few of these for an upcoming light but don't need them all.

These are about the nicest battery springs you can get. They can handle high current with low voltage drop unlike the more common steel springs. This can mean more time in regulation and possibly higher output.

I know many people have been looking for these springs for a long time and it took me a while to find them myself. The springs are from Lee Spring. Here is a link to the page with info on them and the pricing they offer them at. I am offering them at a discount. I just wanted to offer these to everyone here cheaper than they could buy them by leveraging my purchasing power in your benefit.
Lee Spring also do not like to do orders below 10 and add a $20 charge for doing so. I am not. If you need more than 200 then you are probably better off going straight to them.

These will work with most batteries including AAA,AA,18650 and more. Please keep in mind that I cannot tell you if it will work in your light as there are far too many lights out there for me to be able know that. The size is roughly 9mmx9mm as shown in this photo.

13e8c397.jpg

c531f54c.jpg

Prices and shipping
Shipping in the US is a flat rate of $7 for Priority mail with tracking regardless of how many springs are purchased.

Any other country will be a flat rate of $15 for Priority mail regardless of how many springs are purchased.

As with all my sales out of country shipments will have the proper declared amount on the customs form. This is non-negotiable so please don't ask me to mark it as a gift. I run a tight ship in that regard. There is a discount for buying in multiples.

Price per unit based on volume in USD

1-10 $6
11-19 $5
20-49 $3.25
50-99 $1.98
100-199 $1.23

After you figure out how many you want multiply that number by the corresponding price and then add your shipping costs. Then paypal this amount along with your intended quantity of springs and CPF username to the email address seen in the picture below. Thanks!

PICT0891-1.jpg

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Sounds interesting.

A 9mm base width sounds about right for a SureFire Z41 tailcap spring. If someone tries this out, please post back if it's a good fit.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went ahead and updated the first post with a link to where one can find engineering drawings and the supplier I bought them from so you can see the pricing if going direct to them.

Darvis

Enlightened
Well, allow me to be the first to try.. I'll take 4 of these.

Paypal Sent, thanks!!!

Sounds interesting.

A 9mm base width sounds about right for a SureFire Z41 tailcap spring. If someone tries this out, please post back if it's a good fit.

Last edited:

Darvis

Enlightened
Received, thanks!! These are jussssttt a tad smaller than the stock Z41 springs, but there is a genereos amount of coil at the base and a bit of stretching made for the correct fit with no problem at all. They are a little shorter as well, but do work. Not a bad low/no res option for the Z41 at all and very nice springs.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received, thanks!! These are jussssttt a tad smaller than the stock Z41 springs, but there is a genereos amount of coil at the base and a bit of stretching made for the correct fit with no problem at all. They are a little shorter as well, but do work. Not a bad low/no res option for the Z41 at all and very nice springs.

Glad to see they arrived so quick and worked well for you. Thanks for the feedback as well.

I thought I'd also mention since someone PMed me about it. These springs are extremely easy to solder. I have worked with some springs where you have to fight with it to get the solder to wet out but not with these. The only thing I will say is be careful not to over heat the spring while soldering as it can reduce the springiness if heated too much.

fyrstormer

Banned
Those look like the soft-touch springs used by McGizmo in the later Piston Drive lights. Are they they same size? If so, do you know if the stock springs are made of a different metal than these?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those look like the soft-touch springs used by McGizmo in the later Piston Drive lights. Are they they same size? If so, do you know if the stock springs are made of a different metal than these?
I don't know about any soft-touch springs McGizmo used. I suppose you could always use the part number in the link I provided and ask him if those were what he used.

wrf

Newly Enlightened
100 pcs springs = 123.00
Shipping = 7.00

Total = 130.00

:paypal: