Jetbeam RRT-0 and Jet-I pro V3 modes?

DaveyJones

Newly Enlightened
just exactly what modes do these have?
none of the vendors or reviews really explain this.
and what info i find seems to contradict eachother.

i know the Jet-I has 3 programmable intensity levels,
and the RRT has that ramping ring, but some mention strobe and beacon modes,
and there seem to be different versions of the RRT, some with a free adjustable ring,
others with a stepped clicky ring...

can anyone tell me what either of these exactly do and do dont do,
and what, if any, variations exist?

ssvqwnp

Newly Enlightened
I can't exactly speak for the RRT, but the Jet-I is my edc...

The Jet-I can be programmed to have a strobe, from a very slow frequency to a high frequency. It starts out slow in programming mode, then gets faster and faster until you set it or until it maxes out and goes to the next function, which is moonlight beacon mode. Beacon is a flash every 3 or 4 seconds on the lowest output level. After that, you have the double flash thing that JetBeam does. I think it's their warning flash, but I kind of like it. It flashes twice, then waits a second, then repeats. From there, it's SOS in max output, then again in lowest output.

I use an AW 14500 in mine, and it works great for me. Hope this helps you out.

DaveyJones

Newly Enlightened
yeah that was very helpful :) thxz

impressive features on that one, unless the RRT can beat it
this one is going to have to go on my list :D

RobME

Newly Enlightened
My experience is with the RRT-0 R5 only. The older RRT-0's had a stepped clicky (max at 240 lm), the newer RRT-0's (R5) have the variable intensity control ring to 255 lumen. The newest version has the S2 to 260 lm. A single detent at off. One stepped position (counterclockwise), below off is a strobe. The click button has a momentary on feature (pre-click, press & hold)... there is a hidden SOS mode, accessed by turning the light on and rotating the ring back & forth three times (quickly) in succession. Runs on CR123's and also comes with an extention tube to run AA's. Ships with a clip & a sheath. Incredibly low, low... like it's barely on. This is a nice light for a non-exotic.

Last edited:

DaveyJones

Newly Enlightened
kewl, the r5 is happens to be the one i was looking at, so that gives me the other half.
thxz :)

they both look pretty awesome, gonna be hard to chose...

ssvqwnp

Newly Enlightened
Honestly, you can't go wrong with either one. Now, if I could just get my Jet-I to throw 1000 yards, all flood, for 2.5hrs on max, I'd be happy...

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience is with the RRT-0 R5 only. The older RRT-0's had a stepped clicky (max at 240 lm), the newer RRT-0's (R5) have the variable intensity control ring to 255 lumen. The newest version has the S2 to 260 lm. A single detent at off. One stepped position (counterclockwise), below off is a strobe. The click button has a momentary on feature (pre-click, press & hold)... there is a hidden SOS mode, accessed by turning the light on and rotating the ring back & forth three times (quickly) in succession. Runs on CR123's and also comes with an extention tube to run AA's. Ships with a clip & a sheath. Incredibly low, low... like it's barely on. This is a nice light for a non-exotic.

Did you RRT-0 come with a free AA extender or did you buy it extra for $12? I paid extra for mine...