P6 style front switch conversion?

Lance Carbuncle

Newly Enlightened
Hello Everyone,

I tried a few searches and came up empty, so I thought I would throw this out there. As someone who studies wildlife in remote forests at night, I have been trying to come up with the perfect flashlight for the job. One of the things that is really nice is to have a front side switch setup similar to a M@glite has. I carry my torch in the hand over position, and so using a tailswitch to toggle between brightness modes is a PITA. There aren't a lot of options for smaller lights in this category, and when you also need the versatility of being able to get Neutral, or High Cri drop-ins, the d26 format is really nice. So also is the fact that there are multiple battery options.

Does anyone know of a d26 host that has a front switch.. and uses 2xAA configuration?

Would it be possible to make a tube section that could be screwed between the battery host tube and the head that had a switch in it in order to add this to any P60 type light? If so, does anyone make it?

I am thinking a threaded tube about 1/2"- 3/4" or so that has a forward clickie (recessed if possible) mounted into the side. I know it would make the light longer by a bit... having a flush cap for the end would nearly make up the difference though.

I think this would make a great addition to the lego-ability of Solarforce type lights.

Anyone?