My idea of the perfect EDC...

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Start with the Zebralight SC60

keep the overall dimensions

add some mild knurling for a bit more traction

add a keylock function, a rapid triple click will do. kicks in only after 30 seconds of being OFF.

add cradle charging. just pop it into the cradle when you sleep to top it up.

make it ramp down to a lower modes as battery nears depletion (the SC60 just stupidly shuts down at 2.7V). i.e. switch to medium at 3.2V, then switch to low at 3.1V, or something like that

give it battery level check. double click 8 times to get to this mode. light will blink 1 up to 6 times to indicate remaining juice left.

perfect!

jbrett14

Enlightened
A couple of those things I could live without, but I agree that a good start would be with the SC60, given it's switch location.

I'm STILL looking for that "perfect" light, which I am ready to BUY today. The SC60 in on my list but I keep thinking I won't like that it turns on so easy in the pocket. But I really like where the switch is on this light - seems to be the most logical to me, for a standard grip. Hmmmm

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The perfect EDC, for me would be like my Surefire 6p with Vannisle 5.6amp quad, but sleeker have a moonlight mode and a laser beam ;)

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Start with the Zebralight SC60

keep the overall dimensions

add some mild knurling for a bit more traction

add a keylock function, a rapid triple click will do. kicks in only after 30 seconds of being OFF.

add cradle charging. just pop it into the cradle when you sleep to top it up.

make it ramp down to a lower modes as battery nears depletion (the SC60 just stupidly shuts down at 2.7V). i.e. switch to medium at 3.2V, then switch to low at 3.1V, or something like that

give it battery level check. double click 8 times to get to this mode. light will blink 1 up to 6 times to indicate remaining juice left.

perfect!

just dug up my old post. my wishes seem to be happening. sc600 now got step down. h502 has battery level check