What flash light would be the brightest?

Patriot

Flashaholic
It depends on the LED used but most likely it would be the 3D mag. The second link is only a 3xAAA light so they're really in completely different categories. 3D mag will be brighter, run much longer and have better throw.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Maglites going to be brighter and more reliable. The Noma is giving you an emitter lumens reading (at best)
I have a couple at the cabin (were the ones that work but I hardly use go)
Noma may be 60-90 lumens do to the plastic lens and reflector. Makes for a sturdy little light.

Maglite 3watt should be 110+ lumens otf. Sturdy, and focusable. Even the Maglite XL50 which is in the same size and battery class as the Noma will make a much better light than the Noma

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waloshin,

The two lights you listed are functional, but you could do a whole lot better if you spend just a little bit more money. You can spend a lot more money too, but I wanted to recommend a light that is on the lower cost basis from the other lights I own & use. Check out this light from ITP called the "ITP Light SA2". It uses 2 AA's, and will be brighter & more versitile (more settings) than the two lights you listed. Here are the settings - 6 lm (100 Hrs) - 42 lm (12 Hrs) - 230 lm (2 Hrs) plus it has a strobe. Check it out & be sure to watch the video review - ClickHere

The light is $39.95 at goingear.com but if you use the cpf discount code you will get 10% off. The code is - ggcpf10

Last edited:

Latest posts