• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Turbo is Back! -- Triple SST-50 yard Sweeper Turbo Tri Copper mag 2D

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Turbo is back!---Sold per PM

My friend who bought both of the two Turbos from me is letting one back to market,
lol, I've sold over 40 lights for him in the past 2 month.

This was sold for $325, it looks as new, just a slight sesame sized chip on the bezel.

So I am letting it go for a discount. Only $299 the 2nd time around.
Shipping & terms stay the same, see the original terms below the old $325 price.

The Turbo still looks good & performs like no other: New picture just took tonight:
dscf9561.jpg

Fresh beam shot: Nice 57K neutral tint, lit up more than the back yard.
For more details, see the original listing below, nothing has changed.
dscf9575.jpg

For the previous SOLD Thread, look here. It was sold for $325.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...e-SST-50-yard-Sweeper-Turbo-Tri-Copper-mag-2D

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Turbo is Back! -- Triple SST-50 yard Sweeper Turbo Tri Copper mag 2D

Some random thoughts about this light:
I started experimenting on de-dome of SST-50 because it increases throw by 30-40% within a given reflector. The SST de-dome has been well documented to be sustainable, factory SSTs is also sold in domeless format.

A typical weakness of Tri led builds using large die P7/MCE/SST etc is too much flood not enough throw, the Turbo build was set out to solve that problem, give you more throw as well as lots of spill.

The Tri SST-50 de-dome gives a beam that has much more "punch" into the beam than Tri SST-50/TRi P7/Tri MCE with dome on and the beam is both brighter & far better looking than SST-90 beam.

One of the best combination in SST-90 build is SST-90 + Deep Rebel SMO, I've made quite a few of them but there is always a flaw in the hot spot in that it always have a "soft core" on the white wall. I.e. the rim of the hot spot is brighter than the center, not quite a donut like the P7/MCEs, but it's there, it's noticible & it has always bothered me a little bit. You can see some of the SST-90 builds in my signature, but the "soft core" flaw is only noticible in person, not in beam shots.

Such flaw was completely eliminated in the build of this "turbo", it has such a perfect hot spot,
as smooth & even as my McGizmo PD-S, except that it looks 100 times brighter.

Front View of the Turbo:

dscf7754h.jpg

Last edited:

jaybiz32

Enlightened
Re: FS: Turbo is Back! -- Triple SST-50 yard Sweeper Turbo Tri Copper mag 2D

Ill take it per pm.