What flashlights do you use in your shop

alexmin

Newly Enlightened
My shop is in a garage. The walls and ceiling are dark wood and don't reflect much light.
I often need to use a flash light. I am looking for a recommendation for a small single AA flash lights. If I am not mistaken this topic was already discussed here but I can't find it.

Thanks

biggenius29

Newly Enlightened
Although not a AA light, my light I use is a Fenix PD30. Nice and small to hold in my mouth when working under equipment, with low light for most of my use, and if I need more light I just twist the head for a real bright light.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to steer you in a different direction, but in my shop I have found that headlights are priceless.

If im not using a drop-light, im using a headlamp.

zebralight, and spark make some good single AA headlamps.
also, fenix MC10 which has an adjustable angled head might be very useful. its also single AA.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
T5 or T8 Fluorescent fixtures are what you really need. Supplement that with a small LED or halogen light at individual machines and you'll be in great shape. The only time you should need a flash light is to find something thats rolled under a bench :)

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
My shop is in a garage. The walls and ceiling are dark wood and don't reflect much light.
I often need to use a flash light.....

While I don't have a specific recommendation for a flashlight, I would opt for a floody light (lots of light in the spill instead of concentrated in a bright central hotspot).

My basement workshop was dark, too, so I screwed peg board sheets to the wall studs and painted the peg board bright white. The white walls reflect the light and the workshop became much brighter.

Later, I installed several fluorescent "shop lights." Each fixture contains a pair of 40 watt fluorescent bulbs.

tbhracing

Newly Enlightened
I work in public safety and my Streamlight Stinger with the LED upgrade gets heavy use weekly.