Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donation of Remains to Science

• Indifferent - Undecided or an Alternative

• Total voters

Empath

Flashaholic
When the time comes, which would you prefer.

In some places burial without embalment isn't legal. So, your choice may be limited.

BF Hammer

Enlightened
I've told my close family members that I want to be cremated, and my ashes should be divided and spread around outside various gentlemen's clubs in the area. If I'm going to haunt a house, those are the houses I wish to haunt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
creamtion for sure.i dont like the thought a being underground and my ashes on the beach

Empath

Flashaholic
What different people would want done with their ashes, would be quite a discussion in itself. Some, such as yours, could be quite original.

Empath

Flashaholic
Why, hawk? I'm not asking you to defend your choice, but I'd be interested in hearing the reasons for your choice.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to be put in the ground by sundown the next day. No embalming, no pathology tests, just put me in a pine box and cover it with dirt. No religious reasons, I just don't see a point to all the fuss made over a shell.

If I had a lot of money, I'd like to have a family mausoleum made of polished granite at the top of a wooded hill looking over the city of Pittsburgh with a bench along side it so one can do deep reflection. Same conditions about the embalming, though. Seems like fuss, but it would be more of a rememberance thing...

-Jason

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i want to talk to a person of the church about donateing organs i always wonder is it agasit some relegens to give ya organs after ya pass on?..........

Empath

Flashaholic
For some religions it is, Raggie. I'm not going to name the religion, since it could then become a religious discussion, but at least one religion considers the use of donated organs to be cannibalism.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok no problem empath.ill just ask a preist .o and back to the arrangements .i dont want no one to come to my funaral .i just want the creamation and the asshes spread in the ocean or beach.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'd like to have my ashes spread over the Chugach Mountains that border eastern Anchorage, Alaska. Beautiful, majestic peaks to look at and enjoy. (Though my buddy will probably tell my family that's what he did, while actually using a dumpster! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
fb03a787.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
I'd like to have my ashes spread over the Chugach Mountains that border eastern Anchorage, Alaska. Beautiful, majestic peaks to look at and enjoy. (Though my buddy will probably tell my family that's what he did, while actually using a dumpster! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
fb03a787.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]rofl that made me laugh .maybe ya need a new buddy lol

Tomas

Banned
Slight clarification to my poll selection: I'm an organ donor, so if there are any usable parts, they are to be used, if possible, to someone's benefit.

Anything left over after parting out is to be cremated, and that's already paid for in full as is a place to but the box of ash.

T_sig6.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
Why should the time come? This is a democracy and I voted against death AND taxes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, James, but no government is going to let you avoid neither death nor taxes. They don't know how to get by without either. Even my own state of Oregon has indicated to me that they fear I may live too long. The last year has been filled with their concern that retirees are living beyond what they can afford. Sometimes I think they'd vote to let the sick and elderly commit suicide.... oh, that's right.. they already did that.

RevDavid

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
i want to talk to a person of the church about donateing organs i always wonder is it agasit some relegens to give ya organs after ya pass on?..........

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no Biblical prohibition on organ donations. Considering such to be cannibalism requires an extreme isogetical interpretation, and would find virtually no adherrants in Christianity. The religion that Empath is referring to is a cult, and you should not concern yourself with their views.
I am listed as an organ donor myself. If anyone can benefit from parts of my body when I no longer inhabit it, I would be happy for them.
I commend you for having such concern for other people that you do not even know. Maybe someday there will be someone who is grateful for the anonymous gift they receive.

God bless!
David <><

ewick

Enlightened
Donate, cremate, recycle. I would have a hard time convincing myself that wasting a plot of land to store whatever's left of me is a good idea. To me, the thought of filling up the world with our dead selves is a little selfish, as well as the resources consumed in the making of our final resting places. Plus, after a few decades your gear will be out of style anyway.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
why should I care? I will be dead by then, th eremaining biological mass should just be used, trashed or whatever someone wants to do with it.
the only thing to worry about is that the ones you leave behind are bothered with some kind of grave, so it might be best to eliminate the corpse completely to relieve them of this burden.
bernhard

Al_Havemann

Enlightened
Who cares? - when your dead, your dead.

There's that company, Changing World Technologies, they've got a process to reuse biomass - makes oil, water and some fertilzer out of you. Sounds good to me, after all I sure won't know the difference.

Al

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Statistics show that death is the number killer in the U.S today.....possibly the world. However, because of your contributions we are working on a cure.

mike