Looking for a flashlight that allow for angle adjustment. Please advice.

jensonpei

Newly Enlightened
Currently I found only the Fenix MC10 with this ability.

What I need is a flashlight that able to stand vertically itself and the light angle is adjustable.

Can any one suggest alternative flashlight with similar ability?

It's for general usage, so I'm not looking for very high end & expensive stuff.

Thanks.

heavyled

Newly Enlightened
How about a snake light? I saw a Black and Decker 17-LED online the other day. Model number is WLS17B.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd get the Dewalt snake light or palm light and a Fusion48 dropin for it :D
It's 500+ lumens of awesome ;)

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The zebralight headlamps can do that when it's installed in the rubber holder. If you want it to be a headlamp, you can use it with the the headband. Or without anything, as a tiny tailstandeble angelhead flashlight. It might be out of budget, but they are worth every $ if you want flexebility in your new light.

http://www.zebralight.com/H31w-Headlamp-XP-E-Neutral-White_p_29.html
This one is on sale.

Last edited:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer makes a swivel head LED light, a Hardcase model; I keep one in my handyman toolbox for general small household repair tasks. Bland bluish cool tint, but I use it infrequently and for that kind of stuff I prefer cheap lights I can beat on and not feel guilty about it.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast

jensonpei

Newly Enlightened
As for general usage, 80 bucks light would be too expensive.

The Fenix MC10 that cost 40-50 bucks would be my limit.

Any more suggestion there?

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for general usage, 80 bucks light would be too expensive.

The Fenix MC10 that cost 40-50 bucks would be my limit.

Any more suggestion there?

If you are in the U.S.A. then you might try this for a fairly inexpensive, but versatile and long running utility\worklight:
http://www.rayovac.com/Products/Lights/Work/2D-Industrial-Swivel-Lite.aspx

Available at Lowes for less than ten bucks.

From the same display at Lowes, you can also pick up a Nighteyze 1W LED replacement bulb for around 12 bucks if memory serves.

The Nighteyze dropin will provide around 30 lumens of easily steerable output for close to medium distance work. Being driven by 2D cells it will run for a long, long time with barely perceptible dimming.

Note that I haven't picked up one of these Rayovac 2D swivelights yet, so am working from memory of CPF reviews from several years ago.

I have picked up a few of the Nighteyze 1W dropins at Lowes. Have installed them in various 2D and 2AA lights. They put out a decent amount of light, typically more than the stock incan bulb, but the output can be a bit ringy in certain lights. Work best in lights with OP or faceted reflectors. Their runtime in 2D lights is amazing.

Hope this helps.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix just posted a new multi-functional angle light called the MC-11. Check it out - ClickHere

201141592435405.jpg

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Check out the Black & Decker LED Pocket Flex Light. I've seen them for less than $10 in the US.
:welcome:

Thought I might be the first to comment on one of these, but treek13 beat me to it a long time ago. Saw it in Wally's this morning, and since it was right in my price sweet spot it had to be mine. Seems to be neat, highly practical little light. Check out treek's link for the specs. According to the packaging it's even regulated. This frugal flashaholic gives it a thumbs up.

SAM_1821.jpg

Geoff