• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: McGizmo Titanium McLux III T twisty - XP-G Neutral upgrade

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately I need to release this beautiful light back in to the wild.

Purchased a few weeks back from Lisa in this thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?311709-Sold-McGizmo-Titanium-McLux-III-T-twisty.

I upgraded the LED to a XP-G R4 5C1 neutral tint. This was done on a brand new heatsink from the Shoppe and implemented with a McR20S reflector to produce the perfect beam which is a great combo of throw, spill and flood. It brings new and practical life to a beautiful light.

Of course - I have retained the joker reflector and original LED w/ heatsink and will either include it with the order, or swap it back in to make the light original. This is all as the purchasers request.

First posted "I'll take it" gets it. PayPal purchase only. I eat fees. Priority CONUS shipping with a DC -OR- Int'l first class shipping included. Other shipping options can be arranged at your cost - please PM me.

Price: $750 (SOLD)

Thanks for looking.

McLuxIII_Ti_02.JPG

McLuxIII_Ti_01.JPG

McLuxIII_Ti_03.JPG

Last edited:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: McGizmo Titanium McLux III T twisty - XP-G Neutral upgrade

If you are willing to split these and someone would go halves on it with me, I would be willing to purchase the bezel. I am certain someone covets this body. This bezel should fit a standard PD body and vice versa if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am hesitant on agreeing to the split as, to the best of my understanding, there were only 30 of these lights made and they date back to almost 2003/2004 (McGizmo gurus please correct me if I am wrong on the specifics). The light derives much of it's value from it's historic heritage, which may be lost if the head and tail were split.

Some McGizmo purists may say the historic significance is already tarnished by modding it, I just see it as bringing the light up to date and making it more practical. But, that is why I used a brand new heatsink for the XP-G and have preserved the original heatsink/emitter and reflector. The light can be restored back to original perfection in under 20 minutes (although, man, the Lux emitter is darn purple/blue and I think the XP-G on low is brighter than the Lux on high).

So, that being said and not wanting to marked a hypocrite, I will split the head and tail under the following conditions:

• If someone wants to purchase the full light and posts an "I'll take it" before a split deal has been 100% agreed to, I will sell them the light.
  • I am not getting involved in the bargaining of who will pay what portion of the asking price. I expect the total to be the sum of it's parts.
  • I am not paying for shipping of two items so please add $5 each for Priority shipping.
If these conditions are met, I will split the light.

Sorry - No Splits.

Last edited:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

A stock head would make this light 100% stock. I will even be willing to cover the additional shipping costs for the other party purchasing the body. I think they are equally valuable so $375.00 for each plus shipping is fair. Of course if someone purchases the entire light I totally understand they take precedence.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

If you are willing to split these and someone would go halves on it with me, I would be willing to purchase the bezel. I am certain someone covets this body. This bezel should fit a standard PD body and vice versa if I am not mistaken.

Quoted from FAQ: McLuxIII-PD, McLuxIII-T and McLuxIII-Ti-PD about the McLuxIII-T

This light is not compatible with the McLuxIII-PD, but the T-head will work on the PD-body, not vice versa.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

If i may add my view in this matter,

I would consider it complete sacrilegue to part the head and body of this light as it is the most sought after light that McGizmo ever made.
The head is slightly diffrent than the other PD heads if i remember correctly and will not work with all combos. Either that or the body will not work with the later PD heads.
I cant remember the specifics but i remember this from when i had a steady collection of these lights and tryed to LEGO some just for the fun of it.

There should also be some info regarding this in the McGizmo forum.

Benny

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah... thanks easilyled.

:D

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am hesitant on agreeing to the split as, to the best of my understanding, there were only 30 of these lights made and they date back to almost 2003/2004 (McGizmo gurus please correct me if I am wrong on the specifics). The light derives much of it's value from it's historic heritage, which may be lost if the head and tail were split.

Sean,

Here's a link to Don's original sales thread. These are very rare lights, and Don's first Titanium offering. Your mod sounds great, and being able to switch back to original condition :thumbsup: Good luck with your sale!

Todd

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

I checked the same as Shado. The T head does not fit on a PD body and the PD head only runs on low on the T body.

Senna - many very respected members have put in their two cents. I am actually quite appreciative of Shado's comment regarding the mod as I know he was one of the members who voted against any McGizmo mods in my thread on mods in the McGizmo forum. I have to agree with everyone and rescind the split offer.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

I checked the same as Shado. The T head does not fit on a PD body and the PD head only runs on low on the T body.

Senna - many very respected members have put in their two cents. I am actually quite appreciative of Shado's comment regarding the mod as I know he was one of the members who voted against any McGizmo mods in my thread on mods in the McGizmo forum. I have to agree with everyone and rescind the split offer.

No worries as I totally understand and was not aware that the bezels and bodies were not fully functional when interchanged. At any rate, it is a beautiful light and should not last long.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it. PM me your paypal info....Thanks.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypal sent for McGizmo....Thanks.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Received the McLux III Twisty. Very beautiful light with nice neutral tint. I am a very proud owner...Thanks.