Novatac 120P Help!!!

kevinm

Enlightened
Hey guys,

I have a 120P that has suddenly become single mode. I tried a new tailcap I got from another CPF member and now it is acting weird. All of what I am describing is with the body, head, and tailcap that have worked for a long time.

When I screw the head on the light body, the light comes on, but is dim. It does not go off after the 1 second as it used to. I can't seem to do a reset.

When I click the button once, the light turns off. When I double click, the light goes off and then comes back on in the same mode.

The LED is not fried; direct connection to power gives a lot of light.

Help!

Thanks,
Kevin

fl0t

Enlightened
Im gonna go first with the usual advice:
Make sure that the spring inside is making contact with the head and the tailcap. Clean all the contacts.

I have a Novatac 120T showing unusual behavior, very similar to your case, when it has an old battery inside and the tailcap is not tight.
I added a fresh CR123 battery and make sure the body, the tailcap and the head are really tight. In my case is much tighter that any other flashlight.

kevinm

Enlightened
I tried cleaning with DEOXIT with no luck.

I have 2 120P's, so I tried swapping the driver modules. With the newer and cleaner body, I have the same problem.

Thanks,
Kevin