Nitecore customer service

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would just like to rescind my comments in a previous thread about Nitecore's poor customer service, they take a while but in the end have proven very helpful again.

I e-mailed the address on their website about an EZ123 over a year old that broke, I fixed it myself for about 3 months but then it broke again and I destroyed the circuit board trying to get a good connection to the spring again.

I had no reply for over a day, but then someone with basic English asked me what country I lived in and what the problem was. He said he'd arrange them to contact me next day.

The next morning I got an e-mail from someone else answering any questions I had, they said I would have to pay $8 for the new circuit, return shipping and repair costs. This seemed fair as the light was beyond it's warranty period and a lot of the damage was in the end self-inflicted.

I also asked if they would consider upgrading my old D10 GDP to the new D11.2 circuit, as my D10 has pretty bad parasitic drain issues, sucking an eneloop dry in a couple of weeks. He said that would be fine, but there would be a cost of $5 for the new circuit board if I wanted to upgrade to the latest D11.2 board.

They have kept in contact with me answering any questions and say they'll let me know as soon as the lights arrive to them. This is overall much better than the service I'm currently getting from zebralight on a similar RMA, who need 4 or 5 updates and another week or so before I get a very short response only answering part of a question, and who do not seem to want to give updates in the status of an order or RMA. Coupled with my previous customer service experience with Nitecore I would say they have certainly got themself on the right track.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice to know you got taken care of.

i havent purchased any nitecores since the early D10.
been considering an IFE2.
good to know they are backing their products.

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
Gah! I wish they'd reply to me - I'd happily pay to have my old EX10 fixed up. I was miffed at not having the light covered by 4Sevens (in spite of them telling me they'd support it when others had problems w/ their thin, early run lights) & then not being able to get a response from NiteCore. Would you mind PMing me the e-mail address you've been in contact with?

:D

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
Inspired by this thread, and hoping maybe things had changed since my last attempt, I sent one more e-mail to NiteCore. Guess what? Response within a few hours of sending it!!! I replied w/ my basic info & got a 2nd reply ~1hr later w/ an address in China where I can send my light for repair!!!

FANTASTIC!!!

Thanks a ton for starting this thread & big kudos to NiteCore for what looks like an about-face in their customer service. :D

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to follow up - Red Forest, did you ever have any luck sending in your light?

As mentioned in my post above, I *DID* get an e-mail reply and was asked to ship my broken light back to China, which I did. After sending the light I confirmed that it was on the way, only to be told that I had shipped to the wrong address (an address they had provided me). They asked me to 'redirect my courier', which, of course, is impossible. I spent $15 to ship via USPS Priority, but wasn't going to spent $35 for Express which would have given me tracking, etc. - I could get a whole new light on the CPFMP for that much. . .

They are still in touch, but it doesn't sound good at this point. My contact keeps insisting that I used the wrong address and asking me to redirect my courier, which is frankly driving me BONKERS. I've copied from his e-mail several times the address I was given and shown that I shipped to that address w/ all the requested info. I'll update this thread when I hear more, but for now I think I'm sinking back in to my initial frustration w/ both 4Sevens and Nitecore. One of the lousiest customer service experiences I've had. Buyer beware, I suppose. :(

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I forgot all about starting this thread. Good to hear your initial success but it sounds like a pretty poor run from there. I'm having a similar experience with my RMA SC51 to zebralight, which while not sent to the wrong address appears to have been lost, they haven't recieved it after almost 5 weeks now..

My shipment to Nitecore was recieved about 10 days after I sent it, and they have kept in contact, asking for my telephone number and clarifying that I should get it back soon.

I am in contact with someone called 'Felix Zhang' at the moment and he seems very helpful.

The address I was told to send to was:

Attn: Lei Junlai
Add: Rm1407-08,Glorious Tower,850 East Dongfeng Road,Guangzhou,China 510600
Contact phone: 0086-20-83862000

Last edited:

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
Ah yes - AFTER sending an e-mail confirming my light was on the way, I was given the address you listed. The original address they gave me was:

[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]Attn:Guan Shaoying[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]E1 Starhouse 60 Creative Village, 60th Xianliedonghen Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China 510600
Contact phone: 008618819160387

Not sure what the reason for the miscommunication was, but I just got another e-mail asking me to find out what carrier would be delivering the light. I plan to contact the USPS, but I'm not sure it will help. . .fear I may have just added insult to injury. Glad I now carry an HDS light w/ Henry usually answering his support e-mails personally!

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]