wich battery charger to 18650?

matte00

Newly Enlightened
wich charger is to recommend to the 18650 battery and wich battery is the best? i need the highest capacity as possible for the battery.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...iIon-18650-battery-comparison&highlight=18650

http://lygte-info.dk/info/Batteries18650-2011 UK.html (updated 2011 version)

The first list is outdated by at least 6months, but you get a good idea of which brands are telling the truth and which brands are not so telling the truth.... as for the charger, many CPFers including myself use the Ultrafire WF-139. Many "experts" argue that the WF-139 is a ticking time bomb and the PILA IBC is the bees knees, but both are made in CHINA. So its up to you what you want. A good way to get an honest perspective is to ask yourself if you are using it for life dependent situations such as fighting a war, law enforcement etc... or are you just using the batteries and charger for your flashlight hobby?

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing there are a million threads on this so this thread will get locked. Simple answer = Pila charger and AW 18650 cells or Redilast 18650 cells.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Most chargers can be uses, but there are differences, both in charge speed, charge method and how convenient they are to use. The absolute best charger for LiIon is a hobby charger, but they are a bit low on convenience.
You can see some reviews of chargers on my website, I plan on adding at least 6 more reviews within a few months and I will probably also add a comparison table.

zehnmm

Enlightened
I have been using the WF139 for over 3 years now with no problems. With the cigarette lighter adapter, I can carry the charger in my truck for charging during travel, if need be.

I also have what I consider to be the gold standard of chargers: Schulze. Usually charge my 26500s with this charger. The only thing is that the Schulze chargers can cost over $300 new. I got mine used off of Ebay for a whole lot less than that some four years ago. Bought a used Mastech power supply from Ebay as well for a song. But this type of charger is less portable than the WF139; hence, it stays on my workbench in my garage.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a WF139 for a while and experienced cell which had well shortened life. 6 months into their life with around 10-20 cycles and they couldn't hold a standing voltage over 4V once fully charged.

Go with the PILA which uses the proper CC/CV charging for lithium cell chemistry and you won't be disappointed. Likewise with the AW cells.

Only time I've been disappointed is when I tried to go cheap and use crummy cells - especially in high current draw lights.