Zebralight - no model numbers, so how do you know what you have?

coachclass

Newly Enlightened
I like that Zebralights have no model numbers or trademarked markings on their lights. But...how would you know what model zebralight you have? There's no markings inside the light to tell you it's a SC51W. Heck, how do THEY keep track of their lights during production? Maybe it's embedded with an RFID?

Potato42

Newly Enlightened
I think all their models have enough physically different between them that you can tell by looking at it.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I think all their models have enough physically different between them that you can tell by looking at it.

Yeah, but you have to stare at some LEDs to tell the difference between the XP-E, XP-G, neutral, and cool versions. Other than that, the physical differences are pretty obvious. Just open it up and see what battery fits. :D

coachclass

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, but you have to stare at some LEDs to tell the difference between the XP-E, XP-G, neutral, and cool versions.

But that's weird. It's like not putting a different model number on computers, and having to turn on the computer to see if it's a 4-core or a 2-core PC.

mrlysle

Enlightened
But that's weird. It's like not putting a different model number on computers, and having to turn on the computer to see if it's a 4-core or a 2-core PC.

I agree with with you coach. The only plus side, if there is one, is I do like the super clean, uncluttered look of my Zebralights. But if someone were to take my SC51, and their SC51w, put them behind their back and mix them up and then hand them back to me, I doubt if I could then tell which one was mine! I'm not sharp at all on the LED's like a lot of the folks here are, so I could get taken pretty easy if someone wanted to sell me a light that was supposed to be one tint, but was really another. Personally, I would like to see a "stamped" model number on the body, directly under the clip, so it wouldn't detract from the ZL's clean looks, but you could find it if you needed to.