Eagletac and Lumapower

Lightman2

Enlightened
Wondering why noone seems to mention Lumapower and Eagletac? I have been to Illuminationgear.com and looked at their beam shots of Eagletac and Lumapower and note they seems better than the much talked about Fenix and 47's lights? Has anyone fedback on the above mentioned brands (ET and Lumapower)?

mrlysle

Enlightened
Lightman. :welcome: Do a search from the top of the page there. There are actually several threads going on as we speak about some of the ET lights. They're pretty popular with a lot of folks here. I have the ET T20C2 MkII and really like it. Usually you'll find the most discussion about a particular brand right after they come out with a new model or upgrade. Then after a bit of time, you'll have to search for discussion again. But the Google search function on the home page should get you lots of "hits" about whatever light you're interested in hearing about. Good luck in your search! :)

mrpink

Newly Enlightened
I have a lumapower vantage. got it mostly cus of the aesthetics. Runtime is a tiny bit of an issue. Hasnt left that great of an impression on me as fenix did. I probably wont be buying anymore lumapower.

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
I have two Lumapowers-the Incendio and the Mini VX Ultra, and they are very good lights. On these two lights, as well as others in their line, Lumapower offers several different head options, which makes them more versatile and functional. I have purchased the Turbo Force head for both the Incendio and Ultra. It gives the user, multi-function uses for their lights. There are other manufacturers that provide this upgrade option (Dereelight), but I wish there were more.

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
I have a Lumapower Avenger, and it's great too. It's been out awhile, though. We don't seem to talk much about the lights that aren't the latest and greatest, in my opinion....

AIC

Newly Enlightened
Most here are sheep, and 4sevens is the Shepard.

Warp

Enlightened
Wondering why noone seems to mention Lumapower and Eagletac? I have been to Illuminationgear.com and looked at their beam shots of Eagletac and Lumapower and note they seems better than the much talked about Fenix and 47's lights? Has anyone fedback on the above mentioned brands (ET and Lumapower)?

Nobody mentions EagleTac? Really?

I am not on the board very often, generally in spurts when I get the itch to upgrade/pick up a new light, so maybe my observations aren't very useful BUT I have been on, and been searching, for around a week now and Eagletac is mentioned aplenty. In fact, I just ordered a T20C2 and a week ago I probably couldn't have even named EagleTac as a flashlight manufacturer off the top of my head.

*Granted, part of this is probably the fact that the just released XM-L T6 available in the ET is possibly the brightest 1x18650 pattern light out right now.

phonoe

Newly Enlightened
Actually my very first lights that I own are D-mini EX and D-mini VX Ultra. Now I still think that they are the rocket pocket lights in the market. Though most of the time they stay on the shelf, but I am keeping them as one of my favorite collections.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Most here are sheep, and 4sevens is the Shepard.

I don't know about that...seems like the "craze" around here is for HDS at the moment. The popularity of both makers, among flashaholics particularly, surprises me because neither is noted for driving their emitters to produce max output.

What about quality and lasting a lifetime? Important traits but it seems like many flashaholics, myself included, can't wait to jump on each new emitter that is the best and brightest. Having a flashlight that is built like a tank and will last a lifetime with an emitter 3 generations behind the times doesn't appeal to me much - maybe because my life doesn't depend on my flashlight coming on every single time!

I like Eagletac because they tend to drive their emitters harder. Oveready does too but building in America is expensive. I also like that the emitter in their T20C2 can be upgraded as new ones come out. I think some of the other manufacturers are better know for great customer service than Eagletac is and that may hurt them.

Last edited:

mrlysle

Enlightened
I've recently acquired the T20C2 MKII, plus 3 additional modules for it, and a couple ET branded 18650's, so I initially worried about warranty problems, but I got my stuff from Tod at illuminationGear and feel he'll probably take care of any issues, (if I even have any) for awhile. After that, I hope ET will step up to the plate, but as they say, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I didn't mean to imply that we don't have excellent dealers who will stand behind the products they sell. I was only referring to Eagletac the company - which doesn't seem as accessible as companies like 4sevens.

mrlysle

Enlightened
I didn't mean to imply that we don't have excellent dealers who will stand behind the products they sell. I was only referring to Eagletac the company - which doesn't seem as accessible as companies like 4sevens.
Yes sir. I understand, and I didn't think you were knocking any dealers and hope I didn't sound like you were. Like I said, I have every confidence in the dealers I purchase from for sure. I guess I was just hoping that since the market has gotten so competitive, with really nice lights offered by many of them, ET will realize this, and become better at customer service than they have been in the past. :grin2:

indy

Newly Enlightened
Anyone seen any reviews or beamshots of the LumaPower Signature Tactical LX LED Flashlight with CREE XM-L LED, up to 580 Lumens - advertised at battery junction?

lebox97

Enlightened
This is off topic -
but, let's not confuse the manufacturers vs dealer outlets/resellers different business models.
Many manufacturing companies (EagleTac, NiteCore, ThruNite, Fenix, OLight, etc to name a few) typically do not sell direct to end users, and thus are not set up for supporting end users except for warranty concerns...
these type companies rely on their dealer network to be first level support for questions and concerns, and many of them will either not respond to customer questions, or will push the question/concern to the local selling dealer for assistance. (Many times there can be a language barrier as well)
I personally prefer this model - as I am then directly involved in questions/warranty issues which allows me to track any issues, watch for trends, and decide wether I wish to continue selling a particular products or brand.

LumaPower, Zebralight, SureFire and several other manufacturers do sell directly to end users, as well as to Dealer/Resellers - and thus have to maintain two different support structures. (And are in essence also then in direct competition with their Dealer Customers - a subject that can get rather touchy rather quickly)

4Sevens is a hybrid - started as a dealer/reseller, who then began designing and selling his own brand of products, and now also has Dealer/Resellers of his products.
--------------------
As for OP's original question - all you need to do is a quick search here in LED, in the Reviews Thread, and on CPFMP to find tons of feedback about these products (and many other brands and products)

:thumbsup:
Tod

recDNA

Flashaholic
Yes sir. I understand, and I didn't think you were knocking any dealers and hope I didn't sound like you were. Like I said, I have every confidence in the dealers I purchase from for sure. I guess I was just hoping that since the market has gotten so competitive, with really nice lights offered by many of them, ET will realize this, and become better at customer service than they have been in the past. :grin2:

I have an original T20C2 R2 and the R5 version of the P20C2 and I've never had the slightest cause to seek service so I really wouldn't know how good Eagletac service is anyway. I remember somebody writing about having trouble getting in touch with Eagletac for warranty issues but I always go to the dealer first.

IME Eagletac makes a high quality product. If I haven't broken them yet I doubt anybody will! LOL I've managed to break Wolfeyes, 4sevens and Fenix flashlights but never an Eagletac. Too small a sample to be of any significance though. The annodization must be pretty good too because I don't think I've even scratched them.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Joe: You're not Mr. Purple. Some guy on some other job is Mr. Purple. Your Mr. PINK.
Mr. White: Who cares what your name is?
Mr. Pink: Yeah, that's easy for your to say, you're Mr. White. You have a cool-sounding name. Alright look, if it's no big deal to be Mr. Pink, you wanna trade?
Joe: Hey! NOBODY'S trading with ANYBODY. This ain't a expletives deleted city council meeting, you know. Now listen up, Mr. Pink. There's two ways you can go on this job: my way or the highway. Now what's it gonna be, Mr. Pink?

pageyjim

Enlightened
Anyone seen any reviews or beamshots of the LumaPower Signature Tactical LX LED Flashlight with CREE XM-L LED, up to 580 Lumens - advertised at battery junction?

I have the LX, I like it a lot it may be my favorite light. I believe it is app 450 lumens after 3 minutes with an 18650 battery. Without the optional head it is a very floody light and of course you do have the optional head. I like the UI and side switch. I believe it to be well made while being smaller and lighter in its class.