• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn

bla2000

Enlightened
McGizmo Ti-PDS with a green trit in piston. It has some light scratching which can be buffed out. The Ti-PDS has a SSC P4 emitter with 525mA high and accepts either a primary CR123A or rechargeable RCR123. More details about the Ti-PDS can be found in this thread.

$700 USD. Includes Paypal fees and worldwide shipping. Paypal only.

First unconditional :takeit:in this thread gets it.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Re: FS: McGizmo Ti-PDS $700

This is the king of lights.
Others may be brighter or throw more.
But for sheer usefulness & durability, this one has no equal.

bla2000

Enlightened

More info about the light:

• purchased from toby_pra in this thread
  • polished it with scotchbright. I saw the polished lights thread and couldn't resist trying it on this light. My search abilities are failing me but it was a thread in which users had polished their lights to a mirror finish. I never came close to a mirror finish and have added some new light scratch while using it.
I'll take some more photos tomorrow and then post them.

Last edited:

toby_pra

Flashaholic

One of the smoothest twisty's i ever had... :wave:

Good luck with your sale! :)

BTW; the head is slightly polished. BUT what does that matter??? Its a ment to be a user and has
a great twisty action and is still the holy grail of lights and very hard to come by. And the price is
more than fair IMO!

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

One of the smoothest twisty's i ever had... :wave:

Good luck with your sale! :)

BTW; the head is slightly polished. BUT what does that matter??? Its a ment to be a user and has
a great twisty action and is still the holy grail of lights and very hard to come by. And the price is
more than fair IMO!

I agree completely with Toby. One of the big advantages of raw Ti is that it can be polished leaving it as good as new.

In fact in the golden days, when Kenster was still on these forums, he enhanced the appearance (in my opinion) of many of his Ti lights by polishing them to a beautiful mirror finish.

If I see machine marks on any McGizmo Ti lights, its my preference to try to eliminate them by using something similar to Scotchbrite which brings them back to a finish almost indistinguishable from the original.

Last edited:

I agree completely with Toby. One of the big advantages of raw Ti is that it can be polished leaving it as good as new.

In fact in the golden days, when Kenster was still on these forums, he enhanced the appearance (in my opinion) of many of his Ti lights by polishing them to a beautiful mirror finish.

If I see machine marks on any McGizmo Ti lights, its my preference to try to eliminate them by using something similar to Scotchbrite which brings them back to a finish almost indistinguishable from the original.

Everyone has their opinions, of course, as do I. I am not a fan of lights whose crisp machined corners and edges have been smoothed over, and was not a fan of what kenster did to his lights, as often he distorted the light's original look by overpolishing. Regardless, to each his own, and this is a beautiful light in its own right.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

I am not a fan of lights whose crisp machined corners and edges have been smoothed over
+1

I normally take everything apart on Day 1 and try to "improve" it. Motorcycles, personal computers, machine tools, doesn't really matter. But my Ti PD-S has been spared the improvement process, and it looks 100% the way it did when Don shipped it to me. FWIW, I also would not try to improve the Mona Lisa with a can of spray paint :nana:

easilyled

Flashaholic

Everyone has their opinions, of course, as do I. I am not a fan of lights whose crisp machined corners and edges have been smoothed over, and was not a fan of what kenster did to his lights, as often he distorted the light's original look by overpolishing. Regardless, to each his own, and this is a beautiful light in its own right.

I can understand your opinion and I normally try to leave my Ti lights exactly as they are finished.
However I'd rather eliminate a toolmark in the middle of a smooth section of Titanium than leave it there.
Especially if I can do this without intefering too much with the corners and angles of the light concerned.

It is possible that this was the case for the light above. In which case, it would save me or someone else from having to eliminate unwanted toolmarks.

Just saying in order to counterbalance any possible negative connotations about "polishing" comments.

Last edited: