new light bulbs DOUBLE incadescent battery life

turbodog

Flashaholic
Well sort of... I ran across this story on the net and died lauging. Story follows:

Subject: Funny Flashlight Story

Here's a good one for all of you worried about batteries and bulbs. I've worked teaching mountaineering for the past twelve years. Just before the very first thirty day trip I was to lead in the mountains I was driving across the country. Somewhere in Nebraska it occurred to me that I did not have a spare bulb for my headlamp. Tired of sitting. I stopped at the local hardware store and showed the nice salesman the lithium battery I needed to match. He couldn't find a precise match but let me peruse the bins to find it myself. I found one and was on my way.

On the second night of the course we were camped near tree line, perched on a windy knoll at 10,000 feet in the Wind River Mountains of Wyoming. I was helping a group of participants adjust their tarp as a storm was brewing when -- you guessed it -- my bulb burned out. Smugly, I reached inside the headlamp and switched bulbs. The group might have been slightly impressed. The bulb worked fine for about 15 seconds before it went off. Disappointed for only a couple of seconds it came back on! Feeling relieved and thinking about intermittent wiring problems for a couple of seconds, the bulb went off. Tapping the lamp, it came back on. Then it went off. Now resigned, it came back on. Then off. Then ON. Off. ON. Off. ON. Off.

Slow to recognize the pattern, I realized I'd purchased a blinker! I lived with that sucker for three and a half more weeks!

Be prepared...don't just think you are.

RevDavid

Enlightened
MANNN... that would be ANNOYING! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

And it would be very tiring on the eyes.
Still,,, since it happened to someone else...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif I guess it is funny.

David <><

Max

Enlightened
Something similar happened to me too. I bought a bulb for my flashlight, and when I turned it on the light came pouring out the bottom instead of the head. I realized that I had purchased a tailight! I had to spend the whole night walking backwards.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: new light bulbs DOUBLE incadescent battery lif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
buy some LED lights ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... and alway carry a backup, how often have we discussed that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
bernhard