Something better than the new Lupine Wilma TL flashlight

Lightsup

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I am looking into getting a flashlight that has more power than the new Wilma TL, but is more less the same weight and size. I would rather buy it, than make it from parts, but if that's not possible, what parts would I need to make one?

:thinking:

Thanks

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Wilma TL is the hand held equivalent of the Wilma X headlamp: -

WTL5.jpg

CPFBiology

Enlightened
You could probably do a FiveMega host, something like a 2x26500, and add a Torchlab Triple to get around 1100 lumens, but probably more runtime. It will cost you half the price.

oveready for the triple, and a cryos head, and five mega on cpf
The one catch is that the triple is very popular, and so is the cryos head, so you will have to wait until they make more

If that is too long, a single 26650 can do around 800 lumens, a tad bit more runtime than the Lupine, which is still crazy bright, and much cheaper.

Is this for a mountain bike?

Lightsup

Newly Enlightened
Thanks CPFBiology.

I'll go with fivemega, and see how that goes. It is for both, off and on bike.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better is a relative term. :) You may have already completed your FiveMega approach. I have done almost every one of his approaches and loved them all at some point. His stuff is great.

As a non-custom alternative, you can look at the Exposure Light Maxx-D MK3 . It has 1200 lumens and 3 hour runtime on high. I do NOT own this light and have never seen it in person. Just going off the web and the info I have found. It is also cheaper than the Lupine.

I am about 98% positive I will be buying the Wilma TL for myself. :)

tonkem

Enlightened
Better is a relative term. :) You may have already completed your FiveMega approach. I have done almost every one of his approaches and loved them all at some point. His stuff is great.

As a non-custom alternative, you can look at the Exposure Light Maxx-D MK3 . It has 1200 lumens and 3 hour runtime on high. I do NOT own this light and have never seen it in person. Just going off the web and the info I have found. It is also cheaper than the Lupine.

I am about 98% positive I will be buying the Wilma TL for myself. :)

Let us know when you get it :0) Looks like quite a light. I have an Sunway M30r XML and Sunway m40a, and find this light very interesting :)

Tony

tonkem

Enlightened
Any rumors of them turning the Betty class into a flashlight, as they have done with the Wilma class? I have heard they are looking at the pico class, but what about the Betty class?

Thanks for the info.

Tony