NiteCore Infilux IFE2/IFE1 - Can they use rechargeable batteries?

Doug

Enlightened
NiteCore Infilux IFE2 - Is It The Same Brightness on 1 18650 as it is on 2 123's?

I see Selfbuilt's review at:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...tinuously-Variable)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS

Can it handle 2 RCR123's? From what I have read, the lumen output cited by Nitecore appears to be emitter output, rather than OTF, has anyone compared it to lights that where measured OTF to get an idea of what the actual OTF is?

Answers the above questions..... yes, it can use RCR123s, 123s, and 18650s... and yes they are all the same brightness.... The manufacture states 345 lumens, but Selfbuilt is getting 280, I assume that is the difference between emitter and OTF...

Does it require a button top 18650, or will flattop 18650's work?

NiteCore Infilux IFE1 - Can it use RCR123s, and 14500s?

Last edited:

Doug

Enlightened
Re: NiteCore Infilux IFE2/IFE1 - an they use rechargeable batteries?

Thanks Phantom23..... too bad the IFE1 can not use 14500's.... oh well, I guess the use of regular AA's is consider a backup, not a primary use.... I assume...

Also, sorry to see you have such a slow internet connection... I just tested mine...

speedtest.net.jpg
;)

I do wonder how you got such a low ping time? Who is your ISP/what service do you have? I have fios my self...

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

IFE1 doesn't use AA as well as it's 1xCR123A flashlight.

akajimmy

Newly Enlightened

IFE1 doesn't use AA as well as it's 1xCR123A flashlight.

I have been using a 16340 rechargeable in my IFE1 since I purchased it a month ago.

Reading farther down in selfbuilt's review. He was using to AW RCR123s.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

The IFE2 is definitely much less brighter than the claimed lumen output. My Jetbeam RRT-0 infinite variable, with manufacturer rating of 255 lumen, outshines both the IFE1 and IFE2 when running it on RCR 16340 or 14500. Construction of the Jetbeam RRT-0 is much more refined than both the Nitecores. Probably the only thing I like about the Nitecores are the titanium clips which I had purchased separately and fitted on the Jetbeam.

Doug

Enlightened

The IFE2 is definitely much less brighter than the claimed lumen output. My Jetbeam RRT-0 infinite variable, with manufacturer rating of 255 lumen, outshines both the IFE1 and IFE2 when running it on RCR 16340 or 14500. Construction of the Jetbeam RRT-0 is much more refined than both the Nitecores. Probably the only thing I like about the Nitecores are the titanium clips which I had purchased separately and fitted on the Jetbeam.

Very interesting.... Is the RRT-0 the same brightness with 123s (16340s) as with 14500s?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very interesting.... Is the RRT-0 the same brightness with 123s (16340s) as with 14500s?
It runs the same brightness on both 16340 and 14500. With primary CR123 it runs just slightly dimmer, very very slight difference only. With Energizer lithium AA it runs dimmer than CR123 although I can't be too sure what lumen it is. Then we have Eneloop which is slightly less bright than Energizer lithium AA. Alkaline AA run the dimmest, although I can't give a scientific rating but it feels more like 80 lumen on highest.

GoodGadget

Newly Enlightened
Hello! Please, tell me any body: is the nitecore ife2 is brighter then ife1, and how much? It is real brighter, or not? Thank You all very much!