Would like your opinion of this light

LEDrock

Enlightened
I went to Target and came across a light that made me drooooool!!!! Here's why: I have a Ray O Vac light that I like very much. It is a 45 lumen, momentary tailcap, luxeon LED and is very nice to use. Well, I came across one that looks almost identical to it, but claims much better stats!

It's the Energizer High Intensity Flashlight. That isn't much of a name, but whatever. But it claims 130 lumens (no mention of what kind of LED), and the tailcap is a clicky. The price is $21.99 and has a 2 hour run time.

Does anyone have one of these? If so, I'd like to know what you think of it. If it's good, I want one! Here's a link to it. http://www.energizerlightingproducts.com/productlines/ultimatelithium/Pages/EMHIL21E.aspx

I've been Googling it and this link was all I could find. I would think this would be popular, assuming it didn't just hit the shelves today.

Last edited:

Chrisdm

Enlightened
That Energizer looks like its a rebranded Terralux. Actually I think that Terralux is a rebranded something-else.... Eagletac, Jetbeam & Fenix all have 2xaa lights in the $35 range that double the output of this light, offer multiple modes, better build quality and better look & feel (in my opinion) than this light.

LEDrock

Enlightened
That Energizer looks like its a rebranded Terralux. Actually I think that Terralux is a rebranded something-else.... Eagletac, Jetbeam & Fenix all have 2xaa lights in the $35 range that double the output of this light, offer multiple modes, better build quality and better look & feel (in my opinion) than this light.

Is this the Terralux you mean that it's rebranded from: http://www.terraluxcorp.com/terralu...ashlights/LightStar300/tabid/154/Default.aspx

It actually claims 300 lumens for 3 hours from 2AA, which I find totally false. The 130 lumen, 2 hour claim of the Energizer is much more believable.

Well, if this Energizer really is a rebrand, does anyone have any opinions of the original version? I imagine this light would be pretty similar.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Is this the Terralux you mean that it's rebranded from: http://www.terraluxcorp.com/terralu...ashlights/LightStar300/tabid/154/Default.aspx

It actually claims 300 lumens for 3 hours from 2AA, which I find totally false. The 130 lumen, 2 hour claim of the Energizer is much more believable.

Well, if this Energizer really is a rebrand, does anyone have any opinions of the original version? I imagine this light would be pretty similar.

There are 3 lights in that series from Terralux, it could be any of them.. But most likely the Lightstar 180.. I have the Terralux 180 and the 300 model, and neither one of them seem as bright as their rating. But for the price they are fair. I would rather spend $15 more bucks and get a really good light.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both the Terralux and the Energizer are probably made in the same factory. I too highly doubt the 300 lumens for 3 hours claim; I suppose it might be true if they're talking emitter lumens and not out the front lumens, which would probably be around 200, but still, three hours, even at 200 OTF is mighty hard to swallow...

I suggest you avoid Terralux products; while I've never had one of their complete flashlights, in the past couple of years, I've tried six of their so-called 'upgrades' for Mags, and not a single one of them was as bright as advertised, and three of the six were defective. Avoid their 'upgrades' at least; their lights may be better, but I am skeptical.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Nuwai is the actual maker of these. I've seen them as Rayovacs, Energizers, Cabela's, etc. Decent light for the price. Mine was the 80 Lumen model, from about 4 years ago (eekkk...has it been that long???). Run's good on Lithiums and Eneloops/Duraloops.

LEDrock

Enlightened
I believe Nuwai is the actual maker of these. I've seen them as Rayovacs, Energizers, Cabela's, etc. Decent light for the price. Mine was the 80 Lumen model, from about 4 years ago (eekkk...has it been that long???). Run's good on Lithiums and Eneloops/Duraloops.

The fact that you've seen it as a ROV confirms this, since I have a ROV that looks just like this Energizer. I really like the ROV, even though it's 45 lumens, so I figure I'd LOVE this Energizer since it's a 130 lumen--if indeed it really is 130 lumen.

LEDrock

Enlightened
Well, if Nuwai really is the orginal maker of the light in my OP, is there a link to the manufacturer's site? I googled it, but came up empty. Are they still in buisness? Batteryjunction features them as "discontinued".

Does anyone have one the "Energizer" labeled ones from Target, or the original Nuwai or whoever the original manufacturer is?

I emailed Energizer for the specs on this light and they haven't responded.