• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WITHDRAWN: AlTiN SPY 007

StrayLight

Enlightened
AlTiN plated SPY 007 #329 (Seoul) WITHDRAWN

To my knowledge, this is only one of three 007s AlTiN plated in modamag's last "exotic" coating run.
Original Seoul emitter, audible clicky switch, no trits installed.

Picture%20079.jpg

altin%20spy%20001.jpg

altin%20spy%20002.jpg

altin%20spy%20012.jpg

altin%20spy%20009.jpg

In the interest of full disclosure, there is one significant flaw in the plating between the trit slots, visible in the photos below. In an unfortunate oversight, the trits that had been installed were not removed prior to the plating process, and whatever coating had adhered then chipped off along with the Norland and trits during clean-up & reassembly. There are also a couple of extremely minor rub marks present in the titanium that were not buffed out prior to plating, near the lanyard hole and on the head, that I tried to capture in the photos.

Considering its small size, even the missing coating between the trit slots is hard to notice in most lighting conditions, unless you're looking for it. Overall, I think the plating turned out beautifully and lends a very stealthy look to this SPY.

Picture%20085.jpg
Picture%20086.jpg

Price includes insured priority shipping with delivery confirmation in the CONUS.
International shipping method will be buyer's choice and the costs will be split.
Insurance & customs declarations for the full insured value are required...NO EXCEPTIONS.
Paypal and USPS money order accepted domestically.
Paypal from verified buyers in US funds required for international sales.
No fees added for using Paypal, but no e-check or gift payments will be accepted.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: AlTiN SPY 007 **More Pics**

It's a shame this light is still available, it's such a nice looking Spy. AlTiN is one of the nicest looking finishes too.

StrayLight

Enlightened

It's a shame this light is still available, it's such a nice looking Spy. AlTiN is one of the nicest looking finishes too.

Thanks for that... despite the number of thread views I was beginning to think nobody was actually looking anymore.

It's quite difficult to truely capture the AlTiN finish in photos. Most of these were taken in fairly high, but indirect natural light, to better show physical detail and make obvious the flaws in the plating process. In most conditions the light looks considerably darker, more bronze with purple undertones - closer in color to the AlTiN Drake/Draco but without the high gloss finish. I think perhaps it's the lack of polish beneath the plating that makes this light not reflect back one consistent color under various lighting conditions. Whether or not this behavior is appealing is in the eye of the beholder, but it certainly is fascinating to see in person.

I suppose I'm willing to entertain offers, but at this point I'm not going much lower than last weekend's special. Low balls will be ignored.

I am looking for Mac's 3300L, drop-in or turn-key, in the 6500K flavor in a partial trade.

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast

Content removed.

Just my worthless two cents. (Mods, feel free to remove this post if it's in poor taste/form.)

Yes, it it was a worthless thread thrashing post.

Last edited by a moderator:

StrayLight

Enlightened

Obijuan, despite the response, your comments were considered. Thanks for the bump.