Brand Loyalty

Biker Bear

Enlightened
The Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Sprawl
What food items do you insist on a particular brand for, even if other people insist "they're all the same"? In another thread, march.brown was declaring his love of Lidl's Mango Chutney, and that no other brand would do. For myself, as a peanut butter fanatic - it's JiF Creamy, or nothing. (Don't even mention that vile, bitter Sk*ppy crap in my presence! Nor should you try to make the BS claim that 'JiF is loaded with sugar' because the nutrition label proves otherwise.)

Since I discovered I was diabetic I haven't needed to buy sugar - but I always bought C&H Pure Cane Sugar because beet sugar just seemed to taste odd to me. (Though in soft drinks, I'd have far preferred beet sugar to High Fructose Corn Slop!)

And none of the knockoffs can compare to the original Cheerios.

I was tempted to go off into mere preferences - but I think it's best to try and keep this to really all-or-nothing brand loyalty.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heinz Tomato Ketchup. In Australia all other tomato sauces are made with 87% vinegar, 11% sugar and 2% tomato.

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
Heinz Tomato Ketchup. In Australia all other tomato sauces are made with 87% vinegar, 11% sugar and 2% tomato.

I always thought Ketchup & Tomato Sauce were two different items?

I thought Ketchup was a bit spicier & had a bit of bite to it, while TS was pretty much pureed tomatoes with out any added flavours?

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Real Coke - not diet, not caffene free, not Pepsi - Real Coke.

Colman's English Mustard - you knew I was going to say that didn't you?

Grey Goose Vodka.

flashflood

Enlightened

I thought Ketchup was a bit spicier & had a bit of bite to it, while TS was pretty much pureed tomatoes with out any added flavours?

In Australia, they mean the same thing. What Americans call "tomato sauce" is called something like tomato puree there.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1

In Australia, they're more or less the same, except sauce is crap. The ketchup certainly isn't spicy.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Now that I think about it . . . nothing.

Gotten to the point where even soda has gotten expensive. I tend to alternate between Coke and Pepsi depending on which one is for sale at the supermarket that particular week. For some odd reason, it's usually Pepsi that's on sale most of the time. Yeah, there's a difference in taste. But not a terribly huge one.

Target sells both Coke, and Pepsi T-shirts. Might pick up one of each the next time I'm there.

Acid87

Enlightened
Barr Irn Bru nothing compares to the real stuff. Tried cheap crap substitutes and they are nothing!
Also Jaffa cakes the mcvities ones are the best. Not sure if the Jaffa cakes are a UK thing or not.

tygger

Enlightened
PG Tips. Tea snobs may frown but for me its the best value for the money. Really good stuff.
Not really a brand, but quality cold-pressed olive oil is a must. Never skimp on the olive oil.
Ken's steakhouse brand salad dressings. Ken's Ranch dressing + pizza crust = heaven.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast

Colman's English Mustard - you knew I was going to say that didn't you?

Grey Goose Vodka.

Well I'm in complete agreement with you about these three - however, the only one I can still have is the mustard. So my post medical reasons brand only fave's are...

Hellman's Mayonnaise
Heinz Baked Beans, Tomato Ketchup and Tomato Soup.
Fortt's Original Bath Olivers (biscuits for cheese, nothing else comes close)
Branston Pickle
Bird's Eye Fish Fingers
Big Tom - tomato juice
Sennheiser HD Mk II Headphones
Moleskin notebooks
Apple Computers
Paramo Shirts
Umbrella's by J. Smith and Sons.

Everything else in my life as a consumer seems multi-branded, and hooray for that.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Barr Irn Bru nothing compares to the real stuff. Tried cheap crap substitutes and they are nothing!
Also Jaffa cakes the mcvities ones are the best. Not sure if the Jaffa cakes are a UK thing or not.

You've reminded me of another. Tunnock's Caramel Wafers. There's nothing like then in the world.

jellydonut

Enlightened
Synnøve Finden Gudbrandsdalsost - granted, there's probably just the two brands in the world anyway, but this one is far superior. More creamy, more taste, and the company itself is more palatable. :crazy:

I can't come up with more food items, sue me. :sick:
Canon cameras - I'm sure Nikon is just as good, but I'm used to their menus and buttons and all.
Arctic Silver thermal paste :)
Micron/Crucial computer memory - I prefer Micron's own memory instead of other makers, that buy their chips from third parties. Crucial is Micron's in-house maker.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seiko, Springfield Armory, Colt, Mazda, Samsung, Spyderco, Kershaw, Surefire, Solarforce, HDS, Asus, AMD, GeForce, American Lock, Nintendo, Levi's, Canon, Adidas (especially the new GSG-9 boot)...

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a few manufacturers I will go out of my way to buy.
Surefire lights (even better if they have been improved by oveready), spyderco and BRKT knives.
Oakley sunnies.
Canon cameras and lenses
Steel blue steel cap workboots
Ryco oil filters
Lockwood locks
Imported American dr pepper (when I can find it) the Aussie stuff tastes like cough syrup, the US one is much nicer
Sidchrome and bahco tools.
Eotac pants (great customer service, and they are the longest wearing, most comfortable pants I have ever worn, and not much more expensive than buying pants locally)
Otterbox cases for my electronics (the defender on my iPhone has saved it a bunch of times already, my iPad case arrived yesterday)

Thats all I can think of now.

carrot

Flashaholic
There's only one brand I've stayed loyal to over the years: Oakley. I've worn their glasses and sunglasses nearly exclusively for 7 years. I do have a single pair of non-Oakleys: brown polarized square aviators, which I have for driving. For me, no other brand has managed to meet the comfort and fit of Oakleys, so I'll continue to buy and wear them.

I am however, a big fan of various other premium brands, but do not pick them exclusively over others.