RAM instruments tail cap switch?

sidespill

Enlightened
Is anyone familiar with this switch? it supposedly fits a MM 2AA. Is it a clicky? will it stand on end? I think it might work on my arc ls, any thoughts? I am assuming that it is either really new or it's a piece of junk and no one talks about it. I think it looks nice and maybe lower profile than a kroll. ram instruments

ewick

Enlightened
They're OK. It will fit a MM 2AA, it is a clicky, it will stand on end. I don't have an LS, so I can't help there. It seems to be built very solidly, but I've ordered a total of 3, and received 1 working unit. The "click" is VERY soft, and lacks the tactile feel of the Kroll, but it does offer a lower profile if that's what you're looking for.

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
ewick said:
They're OK. It will fit a MM 2AA, it is a clicky, it will stand on end. I don't have an LS, so I can't help there. It seems to be built very solidly, but I've ordered a total of 3, and received 1 working unit. The "click" is VERY soft, and lacks the tactile feel of the Kroll, but it does offer a lower profile if that's what you're looking for.

[/ QUOTE ] Funny I ordered three but it never occured to me to try the other two to make sure that they work. Gotta try that when I get home today. I might add that the one that I did try is not able to stand on end. The reason being that the clicky clicks outward when the business end is lit. I have heard that it is a gamble when you order these puppies. Im still not convinced that I like the look of it when I see it on my mm. The kroll looks ok. And when I receive my mmm from Roth I think I will add the Kroll to that. Who knows but to answer your question, They may look good and feel good, but there seems to be alot of stories floating around the forums that they just are not up to snuff. My suggestion, use the Kroll switch.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ram's Achilles Heel seems to be that it has a "built-in" resistance, that can only be overcome by significantly increasing the lengthwise tension on the powerpack. It's spring seems to be weak-compared to the stock Mag tailcap.

I like the low profile of, and it's looks, but it's action could be improved.

I think I'll try the Kroll for comparison.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The 'outtie' I got originally from Frys works great! I have it on a Madmax MM that I did edc before 2L TT came home.

Of the three 'innies' I got from a group buy, two work good (if bassakwards of the 'outtie'), one is quirky.

I saw that Frys had a couple last time I was there, so will probably try to get another 'outtie' or two.

I know nothing about resistence though....