KL1 beam color?

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
I'm wondering if all KL1's are the same color or do they differ also like the L4's do?

Mine is slightly purplish which is fine, just curious. I use mine so much on the E1e that I have considered getting another for the E2e for better runtime. Don't want to switch back and forth as the small one is always with me.

I really like the brightness level of this light mainly because it does not blind me when using at night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do vary somewhat, but all the ones I've seen are quite purple/violet. It's a relatively simple matter the swap out the LS though, lots of members here are doing it. For $10 (for a Q3J) and about an hour of your time, you can have a nice white KL1. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

rickdm

Newly Enlightened
I bought my KL-1 head a couple of weeks ago and it is very white. Whiter than my Arc LSL-S and as white as my BB400 Q3, and brighter than both. Either I got lucky, or they have been getting better LED's lately.

Rick

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
It's a relatively simple matter the swap out the LS though, lots of members here are doing it. For $10 (for a Q3J) and about an hour of your time, you can have a nice white KL1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah! Easy for you to say. I would wind up with about a day and half into it and a near worthless KL1 head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I am terrible with electronics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It is good to know that maybe the newer ones are whiter.? Might have to give ole Dan a call someday soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just what I need, another flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
Mine was quite violet, I swapped out the emitter for a R2K HD now it is very white, brite and puts a ARC LS2 i just got to shame as far as output and throw

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
Well, I may have to have mine changed. I'm having Roger Kang build me a McLux right now so when it's finished I may ask if he would be willing to change the bulb for me in my KL1. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I forget which emitter he's using but he said it would be quite a bit brighter than my KL1. Looking forward to it.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I was just lucky with my KL1. Mine has a beautiful even white beam with the slightest tint of blue. I bought a ARC LSL-P (second) for my brother, it was very blue.

Who knows I've heard people here refer to the Luxeon Lottery.

I know they are trying very hard to minimize the inconsistancy in runs.

GregR

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
ChrisM said:
Mine is also quite purple. Who would I ask to swap mine out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that yclo is doing them, also possibly CM.

Peter

BradN

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine back from Surefire. They replaced it with a very green KL1...kinda wierd.

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
Both yclo and CM are experienced in replacing KL1 LS. yclo did an excellent job on a KL1 with R-bin HD for me. That exact KL1 is on the way to CM to have the drive current boosted. CM will also replace the LS on another KL1 for a friend of mine. I am sure he's good at it also.

Latest posts