What's the biggest and baddest LED flashlight that you have?

CPFBiology

Enlightened
:confused: 1) What's the biggest and baddest LED flashlight you own?
:devil: 2) How many lumens does it put out?
:sick2: 3) How often do you use it?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SR91 which I think is 1500 lumens and my Vara2000 which I think is on par more or less with the SR91 and no, I don't use them often.
Cool damn lights though but I'm thinking of selling them 'cause I'm short on money.

IF I had to choose, I think maybe the Vara 'cause it's completely variable which is damn cool and it's slimmer and feels smaller. Also, despite
being a mod, it was cheaper than the SR91.
Killer lights both though.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never really been into big lights but I have a few I guess the TK35 with 820lmns is my biggest and I don't use it very often but I will be using it more now that warmer weather is here. I guess the last time I used it was to go look at the storm damage to my property, the light did well but my large trees and roof didn't fair to well, storms suck.

warmurf

Enlightened
My biggest light has yet to arrive- a Feilong CSM-360 which is rated to do 5000+ emitter lumens. Of the lights on hand I have a few big hitters-

VARAPOWER2000- massive light with heaps of throw. Is rated to do around 2200 lumens OTF, but I think it drops down to 1800-1900.
Custom C Mag with 3 x XMLs by Vestureofblood. A wall of light that does more lumens then the VARAPOWER but doesn't throw as far. 5 levels and quite compact for a light putting out this much light, it is a one-of-akind light that you tend to play with as you can't quite believe the output. I'd suggest it's putting out somewhere about 2400 OTF lumens.
A 50W YEZL HID. Big thrower with a bit of flood. It is rated to put out 4000 lumens but I doubt that, the VARAPOWER seems more powerful. However big thrower lights can be deceiving and it's probably putting out more than I realise.

I love big lumen lights! Haven't got the courage up to try a candescent yet- some of those bag boys are at a whole other level!!

yliu

Enlightened
My brightest flashlight is the Fenix TK45 with 760 lumen. I haven't used it outdoor yet (I only got the light a few days ago).

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Biggest is the JETBeam RRT-3 1200lm great quality great throw.
But the new flavor of the month is my new Oveready C3 with 1100lm TorchLAB L3 Triple XPG sweet Torch love it.

cheers

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
Currently my Xeno G42 v1 which is one XP-G R5 18650 driven @ 1.5 amps for 420 OTF lumens. It's not a power house by any means but it has a really nice reflector and throws really well.

srfreddy

Enlightened
Currently, TD15X, and 730 lumens or so. Its as much light as I will ever possibly need. Right now, I'm more interested in small edc lights. I use it at least once a day.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
My biggest and most powerful light is my Malkoff Wildcat V1 with approximately 600 lumens.
It has quad-emitters(XR-E), with each emitter behind its own individual optic, and it throws quite well, and has a wide flood "spotlight" beam shape.
For me, it's a great combination beam of flood and throw, which I prefer even over the later models with higher output.
And the beam quality is spectacular, with great tint and is artifact-free.
The light size is not very large, and is easily carried on a belt holster or in a jacket pocket.
It's just what I like.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Varapower 2000. I use it almost every night to do a "perimeter check" for coyote eye-shine and rabbits before I let the dog out. On mid-low levels, it's a fantastic walking light, and on high, it's simply sick. Coyotes because I don't want her to get attacked (we have a 5 foot fence, but apparently some can clear that), and rabbits because she keeps killing them or worse, wounding them and then leaving them for me to finish off with a shovel (in the burbs, it's my only choice). The hound-dog blood in her, I can't seem to train the chase and hunt instinct out of her. She seems to go on absolute instinct, and then remembers that I don't like it after she catches them.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:confused: 1) What's the biggest and baddest LED flashlight you own?
:devil:

For LEDs, without a doubt the SR90 Intimidator I just sold.
2000 lumens, 125,000 lux@1 meter throw, it'll eat Vera2000 for lunch
A monster in lumens, throw as well as size.:eek:

However, my Franken Mag short Arc will eat the SR90 for breakfast :
2000 lumens, 50W short arc, 500,000 lux @ 1 meter :naughty:
dscf9593.jpg

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will either be Techjunkie's XX-Ray, or ma_sha1's Yardsweeper Triple XM-L, depending on which wins the shootout.

There's 7500 lumens between them. I use the Yardsweeper daily. I'm still waiting for the XX-ray in the mail.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2D Mag with a KD 2.8A driver pushing an XM-L T6 to over 600 OTF lumens. I think the last time I turned it on was about a month ago and I really just took it out for the shock and awe affect from having so many lumens in my control. The most lumens that I carry with me is about 325 lumens and it's a Lego'd 6P-like Frankenlight driving an XM-L at 1A. I use that one once a week or so.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire M3LT-S
400 "Surefire Lumens"
Play with it a few times a month...use it when I "really need it" (which is what I bought it for)

Steve'O

Newly Enlightened
Biggest I have is sr90, but my baddest is my Varapower 2000 with 6500k de domed led then my other Varapower 2000 with 5700k led.

It is obvious to my eyes which of the 3 lights puts out the most lumen's side by side, the Varapower's :thumbsup:

As for throw it's sr90, but that's only because of it's 3.5" reflector, followed by the de domed Vara with it's smaller but excellent 1" 7/8" modded rebel mag reflector.
That de domed cool tint Varapower has real WOW factor.

I'd say the VP2k's are my most used, most nights of the week.

Last edited:

baragon

Newly Enlightened
Not realy big, its a Fenix TK40 630 Lumens but it does not get used a lot as i prefer to carry my Fenix LD10. Perhaps it will get more use when the nights get a bit longer.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Fenix TK30
2) 630 Emitter Lumens
3) I don't use it very often unless I am messing around with it. If I'm at home and going outside/walking the dog I'll bring it along and use it, but my EDC gets most of the use since I always have it, and smaller lights get use inside the house.