Pelican Customer Service Problems?

PhotonPhreak

Newly Enlightened
I contacted Pelican CS in March about a warranty issue with one of their incan lights. A chunk came out of the plastic body exposing the guts. O_O On March 28th I sent my address per their request for an RMA, and I haven't heard a thing since. Sent a follow-up email five days ago, and still nothing!

Has anybody else had this kind of issue from Pelican Customer Service?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear of yer problems...most of my lights are Surefires...although Pelican does have some nice lights, I think they're too big to have a good CS, if that makes sense.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
As with most companies, you'll want to call for a faster response. Emails get lost, forgotten, or redirected, so it's not very reliable unless you have a direct contact.

Roger999

Enlightened
As with most companies, you'll want to call for a faster response. Emails get lost, forgotten, or redirected, so it's not very reliable unless you have a direct contact.
+1 to calling. Surefire is also known to sometimes be quite slow to answer emails.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had nothing but good customer service from Pelican.

Absolutely! I had a Pelican VersaBrite II that my wife broke in half accidentally. I called them, got an RMA, then I misplaced the light. Five years later I found it, called them back, got another RMA, and this time I sent it in. I got a brand new VersaBrite Deluxe kit a week later. I was blown away.

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
I've had excellent CS experience from Pelican. I bought a 1650 case that was used and later found out had a piece broken off. I emailed them pics, they told me to come on down and they gave me a brand new one. I live <1 hour away from their Torrance HQ fwiw.

bnemmie

Enlightened
I've had nothing but good customer service from Pelican.

+1 To that. Ive had to call them a few times about warranty issues and just random questions and they haven't given me any problems. In fact they have been very professional and helpful.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned a bunch of Pelican lights over the years--and still have a few. The only failure I ever had was with a rechargeable Pelican years ago. I called them and they sent me a new light. They didn't even ask for the old light back! Maybe things have changed.

Wyeast

Enlightened
I hope things haven't changed. I had an RMA on my old Stealthlite 4AA twice. Once for a damaged head assembly and then again years later for a worn out switch. They only asked me to send back the old body because they wanted their tech squad to autopsy the body to improve the switch design. :)

I'd suggest giving them another ping, maybe by phone and see if you just fell through the cracks.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Truth is, Pelican flashlights are not even remotely popular on these boards. Thus, not too many stories regarding their customer service one way or the other.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yep, for an incan light it is Maglight or nothing for me.

Really??

If you haven't tried Streamlight or SureFire inca models, you're truly missing out. Especially the larger inca models from those two brands. (The size of a 3D Maglite or a bit smaller.)

New User

Banned

Whilst this is probably true in reality, I don't know why anyone would accept this. If a company advertises an email address, they are inviting communication via this method. To then ignore it or delay a reply is just bad service.

Esp. from companies that charge a lot for their goods and rave on about how great their customer service is, i.e. Surefire.

curtispdx

Enlightened
I've always called them and I got a real, live person to pick up the phone right away, no phone tree to wander through. (I actually like that better than communicating via e-mail.)

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whilst this is probably true in reality, I don't know why anyone would accept this. If a company advertises an email address, they are inviting communication via this method. To then ignore it or delay a reply is just bad service.

Esp. from companies that charge a lot for their goods and rave on about how great their customer service is, i.e. Surefire.

In theory you are correct but the reality is that getting quality customer service via email can be problematic, even from top tier companies.

My experience is that an email sometimes works just as well as a phonecall, but at another time (dealing with the same company) the response may be slow to nonexistent.

Pelican, Surefire, Underwater Kinetics, Streamlight, even Mag all have decent customer service and great lifetime warranties. Once you get their attention any of these companies will take care of you, even years down the road from your purchase.

trooplewis

Newly Enlightened
I made one call to Pelican CS about a defective switch.
Two days later I had a new tailcap with switch in my mailbox. No charge for parts or shipping, I can't complain.

(except the tailcap is black because they don't make silver ones anymore~it was an old M6)

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Give them a call and your problem will be handled. Pelican CS is very good in my experience. There stuff is also made in the US.

pumps

Newly Enlightened
+ 1 on their CS , I sent 2 lights in and they sent two new ones back to me . The originals were Super Sabre incan lights and they sent LED lights.