Just opened up my Fenix TK41!

cigma

Newly Enlightened
Where did you order yours from? I put an order in at fenix outfitters mid March but haven't heard anything yet.

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I pre-ordered from Fenix Tactical. I'll try and take some pictures of the beam when it gets dark. Unfortunately it'll with with an iPhone but I will do my best,

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious so I'll have to check back on this thread, how's the build quality of the battery holder? I've read that was the weak spot of the TK45

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you say you "opened it up" do you mean that you opened the box or you took the light apart?

BIG45-70

Enlightened
Sorry, no beam-shot pictures yet. I took some with my iPhone but there isn't much of a point in posting them, the quality is pretty terrible.

I'm curious so I'll have to check back on this thread, how's the build quality of the battery holder? I've read that was the weak spot of the TK45

Its just a plastic battery magazine but is protected by a nice durable tube. It's still impact resistant up to 1.3 meters so the plastic doesn't bother me all that much. It would be nice if it was steel.

When you say you "opened it up" do you mean that you opened the box or you took the light apart?
common sense would say I opened the box

Last edited:

g.p.

Enlightened
After Selfbuilt's review of the TK35, I'm waiting to see what the tint is going to be on this one before I pull the trigger. Looks like an awesome light though....kinda wish this was out before I bought my TK45.
Same holder as the TK45, which has held up just fine for me. I haven't read of any failures, just that everyone liked the old TK40 version better. The batteries rattle a little inside the light, but a few orings or rubber bands around it make things nice and snug.

BTW, as I asked in the PM that you haven't replied to (I see that you've logged in since then), please change your avatar. I put lots of time into making mine, and it's my online identity on this and many other sites. Most people look at an avatar, not the log in name, before reading a post. Having someone else with my avatar is like someone posting under my log in name and using my online identity. I would appreciate your cooperation. Thanks.

Last edited:

baragon

Newly Enlightened
I was hoping that i would find out if it has a green tint or not, like a lot of other people before i go and order one. Just have to wait a bit i suppose.

firelord777

Enlightened
How is the throw? And most important for me, who is a better company value and reliablity wise: Fenix Tactical or Fenix Outfitters?

Thanks, I just looked at the beamshots at fovarenka, made me want it even more!:naughty:

kj2

Flashaholic
How is the throw? And most important for me, who is a better company value and reliablity wise: Fenix Tactical or Fenix Outfitters?

Thanks, I just looked at the beamshots at fovarenka, made me want it even more!:naughty:

Cant wait the get it :)