Anyone else find the MD2 body slippery?

latestarter

Newly Enlightened
Great light that it is i find myself very wary of dropping it.Unless i grip it hard it just feels slippery to me.So i decided to put o rings on each of the grooves along the body....probably takes away from the looks but works very well.
Most likely old news but i didnt find anything by searching.

jellydonut

Enlightened
Not really, personally, but I see why you'd think so. The checkering isn't as aggressive as for example the SF 6P.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I recommed the Delin Shroud or the Delrin Shoud with the clip for added insurance. I wont slip out of your hand plus you can tail stand it and if you get the one with the clip you can EDC it without a holster.

MD MD2 with Delrin Shroud with Clip, GG&G TID rocking an M61 on AW 18650
100_4367.jpg

geisto

Newly Enlightened
Barehanded I have no issues with the MD2. I usually wear gloves and am used to EDC'ing a SF M3T. The MD2 is smaller and lighter so sometimes when the light is off and I'm holding the light in standby, I'll "forget" that I'm the holding a light and then *thud*. Good thing the MD2 is HA-III anodized.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't say slippery but I can see where it lacks the grip of others. I have the clip/shroud on the one I EDC w/M61W and have no worries of dropping it.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of shrouds and clips, does anyone have any experience using them on the new style tail cap? Obviously it can tail stand by itself, but the clip would be useful if the shroud doesn't get in the way, since the button is already recessed.

jcalvert

Enlightened
Speaking of shrouds and clips, does anyone have any experience using them on the new style tail cap? Obviously it can tail stand by itself, but the clip would be useful if the shroud doesn't get in the way, since the button is already recessed.

Brasso,

The only way to make using the shroud worth while with the McClicky switch over the Judco, is if you use the Rogers/Cigar style grip, using the shroud itself as the grip point, leaving your thumb free to activate the switch. Any other way, and you can't both reach the switch and push it. For the MD3 & MD4, like "latestarter", I also use plumbing O-rings (usually #10 size) spread out far enough to your personal taste to add some grip. If you stretch on size #10s, you can hardly tell that they are there, but the grip is improved. I hope that helps!

All the best,
John

Last edited: