Looking for a small CR123 powered light to replace my lost EX10.....

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
I need something that:

has a pocket clip
can tail stand
and has a tail swith (I hate twist on/off type lights)

If it has a pocket clip I want the clip to allow the light to be carried deep in my pocket like my Nitecore EX10, NOT like my quark 123 where part of the light is sticking out of my pocket :eek:

The Fenix PD20 fits the bill but is there anything else I should be looking at?

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
Well, nitecore has had some QC issues in the past and some people complained about their EX10's. I never had any issues but I just thought I got lucky. I've had 4-5 Fenix lights now and never had an issue AND they come with a pocket clip whereas you have to buy one for the EX10 seperately. It also has a higher lumen rating.

Just checking out my options.

shortstack

Enlightened
The Lumintop L1C should fit the bill, 2-way pocket clip, sits pretty low in the pocket, can purchase tail standing accessory, and the sucker is bright.

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
Looks nice except for the fact I'd have to buy something to make it tailstand.

How is the Sunwayman M10R? It seems like it has the features I want as well.

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
It also looks like the PD20 has way more runtime on turbo mode (1 hr 41min vs. 1hr for the EX11)

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark has a Deep pocket carry clip now.
The Nitecore Ex11.2 sounds like they've worked out the bugs ;)
Unfortunately the Thrunite 1c doesn't have a clip or I'd suggest it.
I like my ex10 (mostly because of the ramping ui and tritium in the tailcap)
Were as my D10 has a little parasitic drain, the ex10 has been solid

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
+1 ZebraLight SC30 or even the SC30W. Beautiful beam, great tint, lots of light, ever so small - The only thing you may not like is the side switch (?) I didn't think I would like it but I do; got used to it & lickety-split too...'wouldn't leave home without it.'

Good Luck.:twothumbs

wingspar

Newly Enlightened
I have the PD30. It is without a doubt my favorite and most used light. The LD20 used to be my favorite light, and I was going to get a second one, but decided on a PD30 instead. Now, if I was to get a second favorite light, it would be another PD30. Awesome light.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman V10R (Al or Ti). Has all that you asked for.
Or LF3XT... if you can find one.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if you are willing to spend a little more but have a look at Sunwayman's V10R Titanium. Beautifully made and well crafted light. I love the feel of the clicky and also love the infinite variable control, just by turning the ring. A second run would be coming soon so you may want to wait for it?

EDIT: Zeruel beat me to it.

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
Well I had some credit through Amazon so that ended up swaying my purchase towards the Fenix PD20. It should be here tomorrow but if I don't like it I'm going to return it and give the V10R a try.

monju123

Newly Enlightened
I have the PD31 which is a great light but I would not characterize either it or the PD30 as "small" as TeaQue asked about. For small and bright I second the Zebralight nominations.