The 10,000 Lux Barrier Has Been Broken!

S4MadMan

Enlightened
About 6 months ago, I had Mr. Bulk create me a Mag 6D Space Needle 2 with UCL. When I received it, installed some used D alkaline batteries and I consistently yielded 8,000+ Lux. Just two days ago, I installed some new D Alkaline batteries and yielded a consistent 9,450 Lux! So, this got me thinking about the new high output batteries like the Energizer E2 and the Duracell Ultra so I went to the store and found some Duracell Ultras and look at the results:

A consistent 11,270 Lux @ 1 meter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The picture below is completely untouched. Flashlight is 1 meter away:

sn2-luxrecord-01.jpg

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW that's one bright flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Another great creation from Mr Bulk.

PS. I'd remove those cross-posts before Sasha comes after you with her whip, See article 7 of the CPF posting guidelines/rules

jtice

Flashaholic
Yep, thats bright.

Hmmm, what bin LED is in that thing?
Imagine if you have an X bin in it. :O

S4MadMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know the bin code, I just know I have lots of 1 and 5 watt LSs and this one is the whitest of whites.

Maybe Mr. Bulk can chime in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Cross posting like that WILL get a person temporarily locked down. The moderators and I don't have time to go around closing your threads and policing up your mess. Not to mention that it COMPLETELY screws up the threads! You've been around CPF long enough to know that what you did with this thread and the threads that linked to it is not allowed on CPF. DON'T do it again, please! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Cross posting like that WILL get a person temporarily locked down. The moderators and I don't have time to go around closing your threads and policing up your mess. Not to mention that it COMPLETELY screws up the threads! You've been around CPF long enough to know that what you did with this thread and the threads that linked to it is not allowed on CPF. DON'T do it again, please! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dood, chill out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have been here a little while but I don't live here, I don't read every post, so I don't know all the policies.

All you have to do is ask. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll go remove those X-Post now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good god, any idea of the current going through that thing? I'd be curious as to the power consumption the Luxeon is chewing on.

Wilkey

Greta

Flashaholic
"Dood"? ... I honestly have to say that the last person who called me that got backhanded across the mouth. And the last person who told me to "chill out" didn't fare much better.

As a member of CPF, it is your responsibility to know all of the policies. This is not your personal playground to do whatever you want. There are too many members for everyone to be able to have their own private Idaho... meaning...

DOOD! Pop your head out and read the Posting Rules and Guidelines! BTW... there is another link to the rules and guidelines posted at the top of every single page of CPF... it has been there for many months now.

And... might I add that you WERE asked to remove the cross posts and you ignored it.

snuffy

Enlightened
S4MadMan:
Is that a B&K lightmeter? What's the model ?
Thanks, snuffy

S4MadMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
"Dood"? ... I honestly have to say that the last person who called me that got backhanded across the mouth. And the last person who told me to "chill out" didn't fare much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was joking but you obviously are not. You do need to chill out. That's my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
As a member of CPF, it is your responsibility to know all of the policies. This is not your personal playground to do whatever you want. There are too many members for everyone to be able to have their own private Idaho... meaning...

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah, blah, blah...big deal, I made two X-Posts, you act like it's the end of the world. I told you I was going to delete them but you locked them so I cannot delete the posts. This is not a big deal, yet you make it a big deal. Why is that? If you just deleted my X-Posts, we'd be done here, do you not agree?

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
And... might I add that you WERE asked to remove the cross posts and you ignored it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not on here 24/7. I don't hit refresh every 5 minutes. I say again, by the time I got around to actually deleting the posts you locked them, so how can I delete them?

I'm not into DRAMA. I'm just here to share what I thought was great news: a single 5 Watt LS yielding over 10,000 lux. That's what it should be about, not me making two X-Posts and the Moderators going crazy like it's the end of the world. Do you not think what I am saying is correct? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
S4MadMan said:
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know the bin code, I just know I have lots of 1 and 5 watt LSs and this one is the whitest of whites.

Maybe Mr. Bulk can chime in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya never know. Maybe it is indeed a mislabeled "X" Bin! As PK himself said, there is a 30% variation in brightness among different Luxeons from the SAME BATCH (reel/box)!

Likebright

Enlightened
S4MadMan,
I have one of Mr. Bulks SN-II it's great on three 123s.How is the run time using 6 Ds?
Mike

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have one of Mr. Bulk's Space Needle II flashlights with an Assault and Batteries barrel so it runs on 6 AA cells. But I don't have the 6 D cell version. That must be quite a handful. (I have a Helios that fits in a 6 D Mag, and it's definitely on the large side).