will discontinued surefires be worth any money

bouncer33441

Newly Enlightened
i have the discontinued kr1 recharging kit two b65 batteries two p60 lamps and one z58 tailcap with all the money i invested will this be worth what i have into it or will it have collector value in the future

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I wouldn't count on any of that stuff being very collectible. It'll always be worth something as long as it works, but that's all stuff for users, not collectors.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much does an SRT Turbo-Head cost on the MP??? Or a 9Z??? :thumbsup:

I'm sure in about 5 years when they dissappear, flashaholics will look at it and say "Whoa, look at the sold SF", so you may be able to get a little more for it, especially as time goes by...bt probably only on CPFMP or Fleabay, where "collectors" are looking for that kind of stuff.

Roger999

Enlightened
Something like a whole discontinued Surefire light will hold it's value pretty well if it is in good condition on CPF MP, but something like a tail cap, bulbs and Ni-Cad batteries would lose a lot of value since they are not really sought after.

For example the old Surefire 6Ps, old combat lights and turbo heads sell pretty well on CPF MP when in good condition, I imagine the A2 incan would gain more value over time as well since it's one of the last regulated incans around.

bouncer33441

Newly Enlightened
when i asked what the future value may be i was thinking of all that set up on my g2 light all in working condition it was $203 for the recharging kit the flashlight the tailcap the extra battery $100 $39 $42 $22

Last edited:

jellydonut

Enlightened
Some of them will. As someone said, the old CR123-format lights that aren't made any more are very collectible.

Personally, I've got a bunch of A2s from a closeout sale that I'm holding onto.. Call me what you want. I didn't originally buy them to speculate, I bought them because of the incredibly low price. Now that the A2 is seemingly on its way out I'm holding onto them!

Roger999

Enlightened
when i asked what the future value may be i was thinking of all that set up on my g2 light all in working condition it was $203 for the recharging kit the flashlight the tailcap the extra battery $100 $39 $42 $22
Most who are seeking a rechargeable Nitrolon incan would just go with a Lumensfactory 9V bulb + 2X Li-Ion cells(eg $35 G2 + LF ES-9 $13 + 2X IMR16340s $14 + UF 138 charger $12 = $74), my favourite incan rechargeable would be a G3 + P90 + 2X 17500s and it's around $100 brand new, so I doubt many would go with a used rechargeable $200 G2 incan set up using Ni-Cad cells, but that's assuming that the buyer wants a user light.

Last edited: