Strange problem in XP Outlook Express

brightnorm

Flashaholic
This started a few days ago and is slowly driving me nuts. When I create an email I am unable to change font size unless I reset it in TOOLS – OPTIONS – COMPOSE etc or FORMAT – FONT etc. For example, it's currently set to TIMES NEW ROMAN 12. As I write the email I can change it to any color or font style I want as I go along, but it is impossible to change font size. Even if I write something in WORD in font size 36 and copy/paste it to my email it automatically reverts to size 12. I've tried everything I can think of to no avail.

What's really puzzling is that I used to be able to do this easily but starting a couple of days ago it became impossible. I checked for viruses, read everything I could find and tried to imagine how I might have screwed things up but I finally admit I'm stumped. If anyone has any ideas about this they'd be very welcome.

Brightnorm

was_jlh

Enlightened
Brightnorm, if you check on google, you'll see several messages that talk about this and proposed resolutions. Haven't experienced it myself, but looks like others have.

Joe

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Thanks Joe and x-ray. I had already tried the suggestions in the MS page but they didn't help. I'll try checking in GOOGLE.

Thanks again,
Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Joe,

I had tried rebooting but that didn't work, but on some instinct or just sheer desparation I rebooted two more times and voila! It works; damned if I know why. Anyway, I saved your help page in Favoirites in case I get stuck again.

Many thanks!
Brightnorm