New guy here, purchased a NIB JetBeam RRT-0 and it has problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jme128

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys/Girls,

New guy here with a problem, maybe someone can help me or offer any assistance. I searched the internet for a small lightweight LED flashlight for my every day carry with good quality at a fair price. After hours of research, I choose to get the JetBeam RRT-0 with OP reflector. I also purchased the BC40 that was received DOA (that's a whole other story)

I purchased it from an online retailer that advertises here, I'm frustrated as they don't answer their phone after several attempts today nor respond to my emails I sent yesturday. My problem is when the light is on the low to medium mode, it flickers and doesn't stay consistent. When it's on high mode, it stays bright and consistent. This normal? I am using new Rayovac cr123 batteries.

Also, the clip is angled and will not seat properly making the clip detach very easily. This wasn't that big of deal but I'm disappointed of the flickering, lack of response from the retailer and the clip. Not worth the 100+ I paid for it.

I took a short video of the flickering but can't post it till later this evening.

Thanks for your time, Jason

Kyle K

Newly Enlightened
For some, Good Friday is a holiday. Give them some time and see if they respond.

ragweed

Enlightened
You should have done some research here before buying Jetbeam lights. Not intended to be rude to you but, they seem to have problems. I have read posts that report what you said about Jetbeam & its not good IMHO.

scout24

Flashaholic
I just purchased one with the same problem, and am waiting for a call back so I can return/ replace it. Busy holiday weekend, I'm not sweating it. I'm impatient, but understanding. My TC-R2 has worked flawlessly since new, I have no doubt my replacement RRT-0 will as well. :)

Z-Tab

Enlightened
+1 for Good Friday.

It's a holiday weekend. Try calling again on Monday.

Reading about JetBeam, there are many people that are quite satisfied with their lights, but it sounds like you got a lemon. A company making $100 flashlights should not have the problems that JetBeam has.

jme128

Newly Enlightened
+1 for Good Friday.

It's a holiday weekend. Try calling again on Monday.

Reading about JetBeam, there are many people that are quite satisfied with their lights, but it sounds like you got a lemon. A company making $100 flashlights should not have the problems that JetBeam has.

yeah, I here you. It just sucks that both lights that I purchased either dont work or has problems.

jme128

Newly Enlightened
You should have done some research here before buying Jetbeam lights. Not intended to be rude to you but, they seem to have problems. I have read posts that report what you said about Jetbeam & its not good IMHO.

I did read some neutral reviews about the quality but majority of the reviews were positive so I took a chance. I sold my SF to fund some of this purchase.

IMG00288-20110124-1204.jpg

HIDblue

Enlightened
That does suck when you get lights that are DOA. I had the same thing happen a while ago when I bought a Jetbeam III-M and it was DOA. Returned it and was turned off by the JB line, but after a little while, I ended buying a Jetbeam E3S and a BK135A which both exceeded my expectations and renewed my faith in Jetbeam.

And to think, I was going to pull the trigger on the BC40. Post up your thoughts when you get replacements...especially the BC40.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
If you purchased you light from a dealer who "advertises here" then deal with this at CPFMP. I am closing this thread.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.